Houston
Sponsored by

Spoke to an HPD officer today

9,933 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
AZAG08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Crime is up significantly. DAs Office refusing to prosecute "petty criminals" since jails are full, so cops are tired of turning guys in just to see them exit back onto the street. Also small drugs amounts are ignored now for the same reason. Response times to calls way up. Criminals are seeing this momentum and are more brazen. Likely they will not get caught. HPD morale lower than ever.
I know some HPD officers that have left because of these feelings
Stat Monitor Repairman
Doesn't METRO employ something like 200 officers.

Really ... what are these folks doing ... other than investigation of light rail / car accidents?

Every time I see these guys, they look much better equipped than HPD.

Gotta be a plum gig. Dont the busses stop running around midnight?
digging tunnels
AG
digging tunnels said:

A big blame is on Kim Ogg. As expected, she is a lot more lenient when prosecuting perps

This article backs me up

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/suspect-tosses-gun-out-car-window-cited-for-littering-as-da-refuses-gun-charges-oJNWFAmi5kGEJrQ0v-58nQ/
SockDePot
Ciboag96 said:

Crime is up significantly. DAs Office refusing to prosecute "petty criminals" since jails are full, so cops are tired of turning guys in just to see them exit back onto the street. Also small drugs amounts are ignored now for the same reason. Response times to calls way up. Criminals are seeing this momentum and are more brazen. Likely they will not get caught. HPD morale lower than ever.

Large recognizable construction site, caught the same guy 3-4 times on camera stealing stuff over last couple of months. Guy has been arrested by HPD 2 of the X times we caught him on camera. Cops pulled up his record and he literally had over 30 theft charges. They said it looks like he gets caught, bails out, never then never shows back up to court, repeat, yet he still gets to have bail.

They told us "we'll take him in and y'all can press charges, but you'll probably see him again".
Ciboag96
SockDePot said:

Ciboag96 said:

Large recognizable construction site, caught the same guy 3-4 times on camera stealing stuff over last couple of months. Guy has been arrested by HPD 2 of the X times we caught him on camera. Cops pulled up his record and he literally had over 30 theft charges. They said it looks like he gets caught, bails out, never then never shows back up to court, repeat, yet he still gets to have bail.

They told us "we'll take him in and y'all can press charges, but you'll probably see him again".

Sue the DAs office.
RK
AG
SockDePot said:

Ciboag96 said:

if y'all have some concrete left to be poured, you could fix the problem yourself.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It doesn't work that way.
Ciboag96
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

It doesn't work that way.

Of course it doesn't. But what the hell do we do? Write a sternly worded letter to Mayor Moron and his band of merry henchpersons?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
In a Republic, we unfortunately get the government we deserve. Vote the scoundrels out, and fight against policies and mindsets that attract Dem voters.
Ciboag96
Update. No improvement. Burglars are running amok. Brazen theft going uninvestigated. Officer is considering changing jobs. How's that Progressive DA working out now, morons? Kim Ogg is a ****ing loser.

When's the next election, like that even matters.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Timely story on what Soros is currently up to in Philadelphia.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-11/soros-implementing-his-radical-leftist-agenda-investing-criminal-justice
HumbleAg04
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Update. No improvement. Burglars are running amok. Brazen theft going uninvestigated. Officer is considering changing jobs. How's that Progressive DA working out now, morons? Kim Ogg is a ****ing loser.

Move. I did.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Acevedo seems to really like our lenient jail sentences.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/acevedo-blasts-harris-county-judges-da-s-office-on-lenient-sentences-for-violent-offenders
Betoisafurry
First time I've ever agreed with that ass clown
agnerd
AG
Quote:

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo blasted judges and the district attorney's office who believe "it's OK to give deferred adjudication to armed robbers," he said.
That's hilarious coming from him. He believes in NOT enforcing immigration laws and turns right around and criticizes Ogg for not enforcing other laws. Pick a side, hypocrite.
South Platte
Since moving to Houston a few years ago I've gotten 3 tickets, none of which were for speeding. HPD seems to be doing just fine monitoring the real crime. I'll reference this thread the next time a 22-year old officer pulls me over for rolling a stop sign.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats the thing ... every time some politician promises X number of new officers on the street ...

It just means more bull **** traffic tickets for folks trying to get to and from work.

Sittin under overpasses,

Posting up at the bottom of hills,

Sittin on the side of toll roads during rush hour.
Betoisafurry
I've never been pulled over by hpd in the 15 years or so I've been driving in the city. It's always constables or state troopers handing out the tickets.
South Platte
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Thats the thing ... every time some politician promises X number of new officers on the street ...

It just means more bull **** traffic tickets for folks trying to get to and from work.

Sittin under overpasses,

Posting up at the bottom of hills,

Sittin on the side of toll roads during rush hour.
Mine was in downtown Houston. At night. Silly rookie officer was scared to death and stumbled through his first few statements, but calmed down when he saw it was a guy with a Kingwood address. Still, punish the population that is supposed to support you, while you let go the tough guys for actual crimes. Sounds like a great idea. Back the Blue . . . total BS.
Boo Weekley
Ciboag96 said:

Democrats are parasites. They attack a healthy host until it eventually falls to complete ruin. Aside from some art/crafts/entertainment, they are completely worthless and a net drain on society. Houston is going to be an unlivable sh**hole (it hasn't even gotten bad yet) in 10 years unless somehow this ship is turned around. But given demographic trends, I believe we will just become more and more blue over time. Very sad. Liberalism is a cancer.
Ciboag96
Snitch-Net is live!

https://stopdrugshouston.org/

Wonder if this will stop entrepreneurs from stealing **** from my yard/garage/truck and selling them at the local Pawn Shop that's run by honest businesspeople?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Few years ago, I got stopped outside of downtown by HPD somewhere around Fairview for rolling through a stop sign.

Problem was there were vehicles illegally parked so close to the intersection that you really didn't have a choice but to roll forward to see if someone was barreling down the cross street. Stopped at the sign and then inched forward until I could see if intersection was clear and went on through.

HPD will just sit there on the corner watching this go down claiming they saw you roll through the intersection. Justification for traffic stops fishing for other violations is all it is.

Got stopped by HPD posted up at the bottom of the bridge on Shepherd one time. They had one officer standing in the middle of Shepherd at the bottom of the hill directing people into an abandoned lot where another office was writing tickets as fast as he could.

Gave me a ticket for 5 over and tacked on a bonus tint violation, not because the tint was even close to being illegal, but because there was't a sticker that said the tint was legal.

Tint was applied in 1997 long before this sticker nonsense came about. Didn't even point that out or else he would have probably tazed my ass or tacked on a third violation for some other BS.

These mother****ers can start by stopping each and every used vehicle with paper tags.

I've seen the same cars with perpetual paper tags in this town for years on end.
Your Friend
What's with the paper tags racket? Every hood rat in gunspoint is driving with one
MAROON
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Acevedo seems to really like our lenient jail sentences.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/acevedo-blasts-harris-county-judges-da-s-office-on-lenient-sentences-for-violent-offenders
wish he would have taken the time to give an update on the investigation into his officers who apparently murdered a couple earlier this year in a fake drug bust.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Your Friend said:

What's with the paper tags racket? Every hood rat in gunspoint is driving with one
Someone on here knows, but I think it has something to do with avoiding paying sales tax when re-registering.

There's probably a laundry list of other scams associated with this paper title deal.

All these stores in strip centers advertising notary / car title transfer etc. ... thats part of their racket.
Liquid Wrench
Chief Art went off on the judges and prosecutors again today for giving a violent offender deferred.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Can't register car in Texas now of you have back child support.

So you go to a "buy here, pay here" lot. You are on payment plan so you never technically own car, lot does. Every month you pay, you get another month of paper tags. Don't pay? Car's repoed or you get arrested for expired tags, supposedly.

General gist of the racket.

~egon
MAROON
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Chief Art went off on the judges and prosecutors again today for giving a violent offender deferred.
and yesterday the Harris County DA sent a letter to HPD demanding all the information (names of informants, etc) in the Tuttle murder investigation.

Sounds like Ogg is tired of Art complaining about her office. I bet the behind the scenes conversations are fun right now
bularry

New county judge and new county commissioner aren't helping things.
county commissioner? she doesn't have anything to do with this.
bularry
Ciboag96 said:

what job is the officer going to get? curious about the career change
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I had a friend quit HPD and got a job with the Galveston County Sheriff's as a school resource officer. Seems to like doing that a whole lot better than patrolling around Almeda Mall.
Liquid Wrench
bularry said:

New county judge and new county commissioner aren't helping things.
county commissioner? she doesn't have anything to do with this.
Commissioners court supplies the budget for ALL county departments, you idiots, and Ogg has been in a prolonged fight with the commissioners court over hiring more prosecutors. More to it then that, but that at least has been in the news. And she'll probably get a challenger in the Dem primary.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.