Houston
Sponsored by

Prop B Unconstitutional

8,409 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by I Am A Critic
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Jackal99
AG
Buzbee about to go off
redag06
As I said all along this should have never been a ballot issue.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Tanya Garrison is the trial judge. She's no slouch.
The Golden Hammer
Jackal99 said:

Buzbee about to go off
No one cares about FF. It is all about FLOODING!!!!!
03_Aggie
So everybody get their job back now or is this a double whammy?
Texaggie7nine
take the checks back!!
7nine
LostInLA07
AG
I imagine nothing will happen while this is appealed...
Texan_Aggie
AG
Can't wait for this to be appealed and the city can spend more money on defense...
BQ_90
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Can't wait for this to be appealed and the city can spend more money on defense...
City lawyers are dancing like mofos. gonna get paid even more now.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Here's an idea to save money: don't appeal.
Rubicante
AG
When all is said and done much more resources will have been spent on this debacle than it would have been to pay the firefighters.

One good thing is that maybe the average Houston low intelligence voter might rub two brain cells together before voting on propositions, but I have my doubts.
BigPuma
AG
Rubicante said:

When all is said and done much more resources will have been spent on this debacle than it would have been to pay the firefighters.

One good thing is that maybe the average Houston low intelligence voter might rub two brain cells together before voting on propositions, but I have my doubts.
Yeah you are definitely overestimating that ability. A bunch of them share one brain cell, where are they going to get the second one between 10 people?
aTm2004
AG
A democrat judge siding with Turner? Shocked!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/recommendations/article/157th-Civil-Court-Randy-Wilson-Tanya-Garrison-13315964.php#photo-16270608
Texan_Aggie
AG
Not sure it's the government's decision.
Guitarsoup
buddybee
Mayor Turner and his band of merry men aka police officers are all happy. They have robbed from the rich and gave it to the poor citizens of Houston;
Guitarsoup
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Quote:

Mayor Turner and his band of merry men aka police officers are all happy. They have robbed from the rich and gave it to the poor citizens of Houston;

Buddybee = Tony Buzbee?
The Golden Hammer
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aTm2004 said:

The lawyers on the case are an interesting bunch, too:

The city hired Norton Rose Fulbright.

The police union hired Hunton Andrews Kurth (lead attorney Kelly Sandill, whose husband Ravi Sandill is the democrat judge of the 127th District Court a couple floors down).

The fire fighters hired Baker Botts, who made sure to have former TX supreme court justice Tom Phillips sign his name on every pleading (though it is unlikely he did much, if any, work on the case).

Talk about a political pissing match. This will go all the way to the supreme court of Texas, no doubt.

But at least the lawyers get paid. The rest of you are just suckers.
Liquid Wrench
Jackal99 said:

Buzbee about to go off
In case there's anyone here isn't FB BFF's with him:

Quote:

So while I'm out taking pictures with the ARSON Division of HFD, we learned that a judge declared Prop B unconstitutional. And we learned that the mayor announced the decision during the council meeting. I watched the smugness in which the mayor announced the decision and thought to myself, this will end his reign as mayor. Let's be clear: 298,000 voters voted for Prop B. The firefighters will get the raise we all voted for, one way or the other. WE WON'T ALLOW THIS MAYOR TO USE TAXPAYER MONEY TO PAY LAWYERS TO USE LEGAL TRICKS TO DEFY THE WILL OF VOTERS. If you are a politician in this town and you are supporting this mayor, you best jump ship. Your photo ops will be used against you very soon. If you are a donor, you might want to invest in someone else. If you do business with the city and you are a Turner campaign donor, get ready to be turned out. Change is coming!!!
Jackal99
AG
That sounds eerily similar to (GOT spoilers) Daenerys.
drumboy
AG
blindey said:

aTm2004 said:

The police union hired Hunton Andrews Kurth (lead attorney Kelly Sandill, whose husband Ravi Sandill is the democrat judge of the 127th District Court a couple floors down).

The fire fighters hired Baker Botts, who made sure to have former TX supreme court justice Tom Phillips sign his name on every pleading (though it is unlikely he did much, if any, work on the case).

Talk about a political pissing match. This will go all the way to the supreme court of Texas, no doubt.

I'm still trying to figure out why the police are involved in this matter.
Guitarsoup
AG
drumboy said:

blindey said:

aTm2004 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the police are involved in this matter.
The firefighters tied their salaries to police salaries. So some FD positions that did not require a degree were tied into police salaries that do require a degree. Which means going forward for the police to get a raise, the corresponding FD position as defined by the Fire Department must also get a raise, consequently, making it less likely to get bigger raises for both departments because each raise will cost significantly more.
KDubAg
AG
This is interesting...

P.H. Dexippus
AG
I hate "woke" speak
BMX Bandit
Interesting that a Democrat voted for the liberal mayoral candidate?
aTm2004
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Interesting that a Democrat voted for the liberal mayoral candidate?
She's probably Turner's Hawaiian judge. Aloha!
RK
AG
mr peeples. lol.
aTm2004
AG
blindey said:

aTm2004 said:

Yeah, this woman isn't a political hack at all.

Broba Fett
WGAS that it's an all female lawyer team?
aTm2004
AG
Broba Fett said:

WGAS that it's an all female lawyer team?

She's an "equality advocate" who has an all female lawyer team fighting to keep fire fighters from having equal pay.

tlh3842
AG
A quick browse through her twitter shows she is full on democrat...
KW02
AG
Garrison, despite being a democrat, was one of the more qualified candidates for judge based on the cases and appeals she handled.

No doubt that politics is in play on these issues and with the hirings of various counsel. However, based on my understanding of the case it is a constitutional (and govt code) issue which is much less politically driven.

* not a democrat
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.