Houston
Sponsored by

It's happening, finally. Water Park in New Caney

4,795 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

A long-awaited water park in New Caney that has experienced years of delays is expected to open this month. The Big Rivers Waterpark and Adventures at Grand Texas is slated to open for its first season May 25, and it's seeking to hire more than 500 seasonal and year-round employees, according to its developer.
insert its happening gif
The Milkman
AG
So are there dinosaurs?
Al Bula
AG

P.H. Dexippus
AG
O/U 2.5 flesh eating bacterial infections first year in operation?
Jack Cheese
AG
Fat chicks and band-aids floating in the lazy river
aTm2004
AG
Alex Bregman
AG
Aids
chimpanzee
Season pass summer daycare for East Montgomery County with 500 seasonal workers running it all.

Hard pass.

ETA: is this the forum where I picked up the phrase "fats and tats"?
Ciboag96
What do you get when you combine Schlitterbahn, a Walmart, the contents of a Metro light rail, steerage of a Carnival Cruise liner, the dinner crowd of a China Star buffet restaurant and a heard of parking lot carnival workers?
dave99ag
AG
Ciboag96 said:

What do you get when you combine Schlitterbahn, a Walmart, the contents of a Metro light rail, steerage of a Carnival Cruise liner, the dinner crowd of a China Star buffet restaurant and a heard of parking lot carnival workers?
I read this in Stefon's voice.

94chem
Ciboag96 said:

B+

Would have awarded an A if you could have worked in Ren-Fest, teenagers drinking Steel Reserve in the parking lot, and high-browed Aryans from Splendora.
Ag_07
AG
94chem said:

Ciboag96 said:

B+

Would have awarded an A if you could have worked in Ren-Fest, teenagers drinking Steel Reserve in the parking lot, and high-browed Aryans from Splendora.

Now that sounds like Chadillac's water park
JSKolache
AG
sumbeetch is now topped up with water that's for sure.

Anyone dead yet?
The Kraken
AG
Why open one in New Caney when, next door, Kingwood is one large waterpark?
Col. Steve Austin
AG
I live in Northcrest Ranch, a couple miles away from this damn thing. Was hoping they wouldn't get their financing and would never be built but no such luck. I am skeptical the theme park to be located next to it ever gets built and that would suit me just fine.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
agz win
AG
Those speed trapping cops on 59 there must really be excited with all the new drivers hitting that area.

Use your radars, Ags.
redag06
What is 59?
Stat Monitor Repairman
I kind of like the 69 moniker. It lets me know immediately when folks ain't from around here so I can adjust the value of what they are saying accordingly.
Mas89
AG
Col. Steve Austin said:

I live in Northcrest Ranch, a couple miles away from this damn thing. Was hoping they wouldn't get their financing and would never be built but no such luck. I am skeptical the theme park to be located next to it ever gets built and that would suit me just fine.
K neighbor took the kids to the go cart track there last weekend and they said it is the best one anywhere.
drumboy
AG
Mas89 said:

Col. Steve Austin said:

K neighbor took the kids to the go cart track there last weekend and they said it is the best one anywhere.
I've been wanting to check that track out. I took my daughter to K1 a while back and it was badass and Speedy's on Hempstead Highway is a cool throwback track.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
drumboy said:

Mas89 said:

Col. Steve Austin said:

I've been wanting to check that track out. I took my daughter to K1 a while back and it was badass and Speedy's on Hempstead Highway is a cool throwback track.
I am not sure how they keep that place open. It's very solid by all accounts but you hardly see anyone there on the public track. They do get a lot of folks in for race weekends on the big track though.
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
Liquid Wrench
Forget all the other nonsense in this thread; New Caney has Pat Green coming for the 4th of July.

https://www.valley-ranch.com/4thfest

Pretty big deal to get a guy who was as popular in Texas as George Strait at one point.
aTm2004
AG
Dammit! We finally get a good act come through the NE side of Houston and I'm outta town!
drumboy
AG
aTm2004 said:

Dammit! We finally get a good act come through the NE side of Houston and I'm outta town!

Is Stampede Houston even still open?
aTm2004
AG
drumboy said:

aTm2004 said:

Is Stampede Houston even still open?

Looks like it when I drive by each day. I live in Kingwood, so a quick trip to Valley Ranch is too convenient.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.