Houston
Sponsored by

Got on the Rodeo metro rail today. Had to evacuate, because someone had puked

11,055 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chimpanzee
lancevance
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like thick puke all over a seat. Right next to it was a dude passed out. Metro dude comes in and asks everyone to wait for the other train because this one is going to the yard.

Now when we got out, some dude was openly smoking something looked like a joint and smelled like a swisher sweet. Not sure what he was smoking
Liquid Wrench
Sorry man, I had too many But Lights and needed to cool out. Hope you made it home aright.
cajunaggie08
AG
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
Yeeeaaahhhh
sts7049
AG
a dip while hammered always puts you over the edge
aTm2004
AG
Sorry man, I was out late Saturday morning and just couldn't stay awake. I'll try to do better next time.
Post removed:
by user
Waltonloads08
AG
OP doesn't realize this is more of a daily occurrence on the metro rail. It's just a collection point for degenerate bums and a way for them to scoot from one hobo camp to the next on the taxpayer dime.

Dumbest waste of money ever.
Liquid Wrench
third coast.. said:

Years ago i was taking a bus to the rodeo from wherever their park and ride was with my sister. Some good ole boy was dipping and drinking a Dr pepper. He puked everywhere. Seems he bit off more than he could chew with that one.
I grabbed the wrong Dr. Pepper bottle one night when I was pulling an all nighter in the Blocker computer lab and didn't take my eyes off the monitor. Took a big old gulp and had to run to the mens room to let it back out.
Mr.Ackar07
third coast.. said:

Ragoo said:

Yeeeaaahhhh

Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
WaltonBlanks08 said:

OP doesn't realize this is more of a daily occurrence on the metro rail. It's just a collection point for degenerate bums and a way for them to scoot from one hobo camp to the next on the taxpayer dime.

Lazy and tired argument. It removes thousands upon thousands of vehicles from roads daily, but don't let facts get in the way of your naive opinions.
drumboy
AG
I have tree kids and as a result have smelled an Infiniti amount of *****
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Waltonloads08
AG
Anagrammatic Nudist said:

WaltonBlanks08 said:

Lazy and tired argument. It removes thousands upon thousands of vehicles from roads daily, but don't let facts get in the way of your naive opinions.

So like a couple thousand vehicles in a metro of 6 million, after metro termined bus stops at the rail to force ridership.

Also, have you ridden the rail much? The riders don't have cars, that's why they are there.

Busses would have been far more cost effective and flexible, but they aren't cool, and actually force people to pay to ride them, unlike metro rail.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

WaltonBlanks08 said:

given the price point of meteo rail, you probably could have used the capex to just create an endowment to pay the salaries of the few thousand drivers the rail takes off of the road and just had them quit work. All while not stringing unnecessary and extremely disruptive rail lines through high-density and high-specification traffic areas.

Get out of here advocating for your 200 year old technology.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
WaltonBlanks08 said:

WaltonBlanks08 said:

So like a couple thousand vehicles in a metro of 6 million, after metro termined bus stops at the rail to force ridership.

Also, have you ridden the rail much? The riders don't have cars, that's why they are there.

Busses would have been far more cost effective and flexible, but they aren't cool, and actually force people to pay to ride them, unlike metro rail.
"metro of 6 million"... the rail lines are targeted to remove vehicles in the downtown to midtown corridors, which they do significantly. It's apples to oranges to compare the rail lines to the entire metro population of 6 million, and you know this.

I ride the rail extensively. And I own a vehicle. As do the literal thousands that use the lines daily which helps reduce vehicular congestion in downtown and midtown.

Buses are indeed more cost effective and flexible, but operate at much slower headways than light rail.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
blindey said:

WaltonBlanks08 said:

given the price point of meteo rail, you probably could have used the capex to just create an endowment to pay the salaries of the few thousand drivers the rail takes off of the road and just had them quit work. All while not stringing unnecessary and extremely disruptive rail lines through high-density and high-specification traffic areas.

Get out of here advocating for your 200 year old technology.
You must have mistaken me relaying facts to being an advocate of something. Those two things can be mutually exclusive FYI.
Texan_Aggie
AG
It also provides free air conditioning for bums during the summer. Used to ride to work, stopped after a bum pulled a knife on me.
aTm2004
AG
He's a traffic engineer. It's part of his job to defend the death rail.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

It also provides free air conditioning for bums during the summer. Used to ride to work, stopped after a bum pulled a knife on me.
Sorry that happened to you. It's always a shame when things like that happen to folks that are making attempts to use public transit.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
aTm2004 said:

I'm all for any mode of transportation that even attempts to start removing vehicles from roadways during peak hours. Light rail does this. Traffic engineers are typically (and historically) pro-vehicle. I am not.
W
AG
the red line is generally fine from NRG to Herman Park.

but the stretch from the Wheeler transit center to downtown...watch out. That is rough.

I notice very few women riding that stretch alone -- particularly ones that probably voted for Trump
Gap
AG
Has any other city in the US done "rail" worse? What an enormous waste of money with no impact that anyone seems to notice. The corridor selected was extremely poor. It had to be a politically motivated decision where someone got rich. I can't think of another excuse.
txags92
AG

WaltonBlanks08 said:

WaltonBlanks08 said:

OOP doesn't realize this is more of a daily occurrence on the metro rail. It's just a collection point for degenerate bums and a way for them to scoot from one hobo camp to the next on the taxpayer dime.

"metro of 6 million"... the rail lines are targeted to remove vehicles in the downtown to midtown corridors, which they do significantly.
The rail lines were "targeted" to move viewers between Olympic sports venues for a failed bid at the olympics. Since that failed, they have routed enough bus routes to force riders onto the trains to make it look like they are taking cars off the road. But for the most part, the train just carries people who would have otherwise been on a bus taking a more direct route to their destination.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
This is incorrect. The first rail lines were constructed for the Super Bowl (now two Super Bowls). The Olympics, or a failed bid, has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
drumboy
AG
I think the dedicated bus lanes are more cost effective but the east and north lines seem to have helped the areas around them vastly improve. Maybe it's a coincidence but Harrisburg used to be a ****hole.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

This is incorrect. The first rail lines were constructed for the Super Bowl (now two Super Bowls).
Well that makes it all better.

/snark.
aTm2004
AG

aTm2004 said:

I'm all for any mode of transportation that even attempts to start removing vehicles from roadways during peak hours. Light rail does this. Traffic engineers are typically (and historically) pro-vehicle. I am not.
We know.
RK
AG
shutting down traffic lanes and "installing" bike-only lanes downtown is the pinnacle of traffic management genius.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
blindey said:

This is incorrect. The first rail lines were constructed for the Super Bowl (now two Super Bowls).
Well that makes it all better.

/snark.
If by better, you mean "not fake news", then, sure, it's better.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
RK said:

shutting down traffic lanes and "installing" bike-only lanes downtown is the pinnacle of traffic management genius.
The only corridors with vehicular lanes being converted to bike lanes are corridors that have excessive capacity. Current projects include Polk, Austin, and Gray Streets, all of which have way too many vehicular lanes based on the current traffic volume demands.
RK
AG
the one on lamar certainly has plenty of vehicular demand in rush hour when buses log jam one of the available 3 lanes...but it's cool, because i think i saw a person riding a bike in the bike lane one time.
txags92
AG

This is incorrect. The first rail lines were constructed for the Super Bowl (now two Super Bowls). The Olympics, or a failed bid, has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

That may have been how the timing worked out, but the reason it is not grade separated and was built on the cheap in the middle of a lane of the road was that they could not realistically show a schedule to complete a more logical version in time for the olympics. And getting people from downtown hotels and venues to nrg area venues was a cornerstone of the bid for the olympics.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
txags92 said:

That may have been how the timing worked out, but the reason it is not grade separated and was built on the cheap in the middle of a lane of the road was that they could not realistically show a schedule to complete a more logical version in time for the olympics. And getting people from downtown hotels and venues to nrg area venues was a cornerstone of the bid for the olympics.
Super Bowl 38 was in 2004. The red line opened up just shortly before. The failed Olympic bid was for the 2012 Olympics. Again, the failed Olympics bid has zero to do with how or where the Red Line was constructed.
BohunkAg
AG
I'm spitballing here, but if you were trying to take cars off the road, wouldn't you want to build it out to where the most cars come from?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.