Houston
Sponsored by

Buzbee LinkedIn request

3,184 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Burn-It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else get one of these? Seems legit but I don't usually connect to anyone unless I know them.

AKA 13-0
Waltonloads08
AG
OOOO LOOK AT ME
Jack Cheese
AG
LinkedIn???

Did you endorse him for "ability to locate art-destroying hoors"?

What a ridiculously stupid platform that does nothing but fill my inbox with spam every gotdamn day.
captkirk
AG
I did
Boo Weekley
Got several requests a few years ago but he finally seemed to get the message.
Al Bula
AG
I only get requests from Sly turner and Jolanda Jones.
schmellba99
AG
Jack Cheese said:

LinkedIn???

What a ridiculously stupid platform that does nothing but fill my inbox with spam every gotdamn day.

So ridiculous that you apparently have an account and are active enough to get flooded with spam, every gotdamn day at that.
Liquid Wrench
You don't have to be active on LinkedIn to get flooded with spam. Gmail puts them in the "social" folder, so I had hundreds and hundreds of LI emails in there before I noticed.

But I think I managed to change the settings to make that stop.
Jack Cheese
AG
schmellba99 said:

Jack Cheese said:

LinkedIn???

So ridiculous that you apparently have an account and are active enough to get flooded with spam, every gotdamn day at that.

Nope. I set it up 10 years ago, haven't signed in or looked at it in about 9 years. Daily I get multiple emails that look basically like this:

"Hi Jack Cheese,

Aligning cross-functional stakeholders for synergistic disruptive technology solutions is a topic that I'm certain [Jack Cheese company, Inc] finds challenging. Can we connect for lunch soon in [city nowhere near your office] so I can show you how our company can sell you some stupid **** that is totally irrelevant to your job function?

If you are not the person who handles synergistic disruptive technology solutikns at [Jack Cheese company, Inc] would you kindly forward this email to the correct person?

Best,
Joe Buzzword
CEO and President, Buzzword Solutions Inc. "
Charlie Murphy
turn off your notifications then.
schmellba99
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

turn off your notifications then.
This. I'm not exactly active on LinkedIn, but I check my account every week or two. Only time I get a notification is if somebody emails me through the linkedin email feature.
Jack Cheese
AG
These are emails, not app notifications. I went through the steps to actually **deactivate my account** a few years ago out of frustration at the spam. No effect. I can only assume they sold my email address many times over. I rue the day I ever joined that godforsaken dubya dubya dubya dotcom.

Any other suggestions? Maybe I can change my corporate email address??? Or get a new job??? Hell, they'll probably still find me.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Ok, which one of you was just at my door?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.