Houston
Sponsored by

Avoid the I-10 Bunker Hill Turnaround

2,664 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Buck O Five
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HPD is doing the very important police detective work of checking tags and writing tickets left and right.

Apparently not enough people were speeding in the HOV lanes this agternoon.
Visor Guy
AG
They need to do that and insurance checks!
Betoisafurry
End of the quarter coming up. They're there almost every weekend
sts7049
AG
don't drive without good tags and you have no problem
Liquid Wrench
Maybe they'll catch some paper license plates and handicap tags. Never know.
BTD
Cause my 2 year old car needs an inspection! So dumb
Stat Monitor Repairman
All those officers that got pulled off the no-knock detail gotta do something.

Doing sticker inspections at Bunker Hill underpass makes it less likely that there's gonna be an 'incident.' Mainly just folks tryna get home from work or pick up their kid from school. In other words, people with better things to do than fight with cops and cause a scene.

They'll sign their ticket and go.

Finally, sitting under the overpass keeps you out of the rain, in the shade and acts as a wind break. In other words, maximum comfort for the officers doing important work.
Ragoo
AG
BTD said:

the worst
ttuhscaggie
AG
Nerd alert!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Satellite of Love
BTD said:

Wasn't VW caught falsifying passing emissions standards via computer code? I wouldn't assume your car is problem free?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
schmendeler
AG
The VW emissions trick wouldn't show up during an inspection. It was specifically designed to circumvent emissions testing. So, getting the sticker would not have any impact.
drumboy
AG
I don't think these cops were involved with the narcotics no knock unit cause they're all bike cops from what I've seen, but I've only seen them catching red light runners so maybe we're talking about different ones.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
cc10106
Got doubled up late last March near 45/10 so be on the lookout around there as well. Two cops on foot pulling folks over left and right and I got an unsafe lane change as well impeding traffic which was bull***** No one behind me in my lane and i never remotely stopped moving while trying to merge into an exit lane backed way up.
TX04Aggie
AG
the constable's have been in full force on the Katy Freeway and Katy toll last few weeks. They were really aggressive in reverse rush hour direction this morning on the toll and mainlanes, and noticed them all over it at lunch today.... traffic is too bad to move freeway speeds any direction on the freeway, so they like nabbing us lexus lane folks for going 70 in a 60....
WES2006AG
AG
70 in a 60 on I10 at 5pm is the most frustrating ticket I have ever gotten. It was one of those traffic enforcement cops in a Camaro that had somebody pulled over and went right to pulling me over as I passes a few lanes over.
drumboy
AG
WES2006AG said:

70 in a 60 on I10 at 5pm is the most frustrating ticket I have ever gotten. It was one of those traffic enforcement cops in a Camaro that had somebody pulled over and went right to pulling me over as I passes a few lanes over.
Bro do you even Waze?
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
SockDePot
cc10106 said:

Got doubled up late last March near 45/10 so be on the lookout around there as well. Two cops on foot pulling folks over left and right and I got an unsafe lane change as well impeding traffic which was bull***** No one behind me in my lane and i never remotely stopped moving while trying to merge into an exit lane backed way up.

Literally got this exact ticket on the way to hospital with pregnant wife with first kid. Wife was crying in the front seat, cop asked "is she alright?" I replied "we're on the way to the hospital". His response was two tickets.

I lawyered up out of spite and had all kinds of documents regarding daily average speed at that intersection, documentation of our hospital stay, etc.

I couldn't wait for my day in court to make this cop look like a huge piece of poo. I showed up and the lawyer was impressed with my preparation, and concurrently laughed at me.

Pig didn't show. Dismissed.

TLDR version. POS cop gave me two tickets in rush hour traffic on way to hospital with wife having contractions. Cop didn't show for court, case dismissed.

I share the same sentiment as NWA for the most part.
Buck O Five
AG
They seem to be able to hit their speeding quotas with just the managed lanes and I rarely see them running radar on the main lanes. It encourages people to drive 90mph in the middle lanes of I10.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.