Houston
Sponsored by

Rodeo paper tickets improperly converted to flash seats

3,148 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Diggity
nonameag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My office has paper season tickets to the rodeo and we gave 4 to a client

Client was removed from our seats and the stadium because someone else had flash seats for our seats

How does this happen? Would someone have to convert our paper tickets or can someone create a fake flash seat?

It doesn't seem like both paper and flash seats should be allowed through the gate for the same seats
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Coog97
Awkward!
TXAG 05
AG
Someone in your office probably converted them without telling anyone and gave them away(more likely sold) those tickets. After conversion, the original paper tickets became worthless and wouldn't have scanned in, but your clients were probably just fiven the benefit of the doubt at the gates since they had real tickets.

This happens every night out there.
nonameag99
Story I just got is that only two of the four were converted to flash seats. Those two did not scan at the gate correctly the first three times but supposedly worked on the fourth try. I could see them gate attendant just giving them the benefit of the doubt and letting them go in.

Now I have to figure out who sold them.
sbhakta
AG
dang...super awkward!

I hope you catch the guy... will check back for an update to the people!
Al Bula
AG
nonameag99 said:

Now I have to figure out who sold them.
Seems to always be females, both white and black, who improperly use office benefits or embezzle from the company.

Do you have women office managers, admins assistants or bookkeepers that have a penchant for extravagant things but seems to live paycheck to paycheck? That's where I'd start looking.
nonameag99
This is a true family business

My mom keeps the tickets in her desk drawer. Office is locked when she is not in there.

My safety guy, who I trust, took them to my Sulphur LA Office Lead Man who gave them to the client. Who knows who has had control of them while in the clients possession.

I think I am going to convert everything to flash seats when I get them next year.

Oh well, I gave the client four seats in Sec f row 15 to George to make it up to him.
sts7049
AG
never trust the safety guy
law80
AG
What kind of business do you guys do? You wouldn't happen to want a client of the day for today would you? We are taking the kids to the livestock show and the carnival today but don't have concert tickets.
Stat Monitor Repairman
My guess is that some dip-**** took a photo of the tickets and posted to Facebook or Instagram. Then someone came along and scanned the bar codes off the screen, converted to flash seats and sold.

Either that or the cleaning lady.
CFTXAG10
AG
Can you contact Flash and find out whose account did the conversion?

888-360-SEAT (7328)
Liquid Wrench
Definitely check w/ Flash seats and make sure it wasn't an illiterate NRG seat Nazi making a mistake.
Al Bula
AG
Very curious if Flash seats will make the converter's account info known if that is what happened. Seems like enough of grey area that they would just stonewall until the complainant gives up due to a loss of a few hundred bucks being a pretty small thing (to Flash seats). I fully realize this was a customer thing and could harm ability to do business in some cases.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Similar thing happened to me.

Got Texans tickets from a vendor. I them gave them to a customer.

Just before kickoff that Sunday, I get an angry phone call from the customer stuck outside the gates to NRG.

Vendor had forgotten he had previously converted them to digital and gave to someone else.

I'm still paying the price for that one.
Premium
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Similar thing happened to me.

Got Texans tickets from a vendor. I them gave them to a customer.

Just before kickoff that Sunday, I get an angry phone call from the customer stuck outside the gates to NRG.

Vendor had forgotten he had previously converted them to digital and gave to someone else.

I'm still paying the price for that one.

Go on...

How did you recover on that one?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
that was 2 years ago and i haven't fully recovered yet!
Liquid Wrench
Did you at least offer to cover his meal if he wanted to go watch the game at Chacho's?
I think that would be fair.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Did you at least offer to cover his meal if he wanted to go watch the game at Chacho's?
The four of them had a looong, pissed off drive home.
Premium
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Social Media Influencer said:

The four of them had a looong, pissed off drive home.

They are still customers?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yes!
nonameag99
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

My guess is that some dip-**** took a photo of the tickets and posted to Facebook or Instagram. Then someone came along and scanned the bar codes off the screen, converted to flash seats and sold.

Either that or the cleaning lady.

This is what I am thinking. It could have just as easily happened while the tickets were in his possession as mine.
agnatgas
AG
Many years ago, before flash seats and the internet, my wife made me go to the opera. A mom and her eight year old boy were in our seats. Turned out they had the exact same seats as us for the exact same day.

Fortunately, there were open seats right next to mom and boy and that's where the opera folks put us. The little boy looked up at me and asked "Where are your opera glasses?" I replied "Where's your football?"

Almost every guy in the place was sleeping before the first act was over. Too much culture for this old East Texas boy.

Now back to regular programming ...
Diggity
AG
yikes...that sounds terrible
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.