Houston
Sponsored by

"In Bloom Fest" not coming back

870 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Proposition Joe
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gotten a bit old for the concert festival scene but this is a bit sad to me.

I was really excited about the future of FPSF for a while, but selling it to Live Nation was the nail in the coffin.

On that note, few Houston folks have seen their star rise and fall as quickly as FPSF founder, Omar Afra.

Blooming Houston music festival announces it will not return in 2019
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I think I'd argue that trying to hold an annual music festival in the middle of a detention pond during what is traditionally a time of year known for bayou flooding did FPSF in.
jbanda
AG
I thought moving it to springtime was going to make it a better draw.

Oh well.
MAS444
AG
Quote:

few Houston folks have seen their star rise and fall as quickly as FPSF founder, Omar Afra.

Chris Cusack may like to throw his hat into the ring.
drumboy
AG
MAS444 said:

Quote:

few Houston folks have seen their star rise and fall as quickly as FPSF founder, Omar Afra.

Chris Cusack may like to throw his hat into the ring.
I thought they still had a couple restaurants or bars (Johnny's Gold Brick?) but this is kinda funny on treadsack.com...
Diggity
AG
at least Chris wasn't accused by several women of sexual assault (that I know of).
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

On that note, few Houston folks have seen their star rise and fall as quickly as FPSF founder, Omar Afra.
The festival is probably missing his hands on leadership style.
Proposition Joe
From what I've heard about many of these music festivals is you lose money the first 3-4 years, but slowly build your fanbase, add a headliner that is a little more marquee every year, and then you sell to one of the whales (LiveNation, AEG, etc...).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.