Houston
Sponsored by

Wrap your pets and bring your pipes inside

2,822 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mucho austin
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like everyone is on board with very cold, but dry, weather blowing in Sunday. Then models are all over the place with whether SE Texas gets snowmageddon about another week after that. I look forward to our annual bumper car **** show on the morning news.
Ragoo
AG
Was hoping to get by without winterizing my boat.
JustPanda
AG
High here is 9 on Sunday...better than -9 Saturday night!
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
Linder:

Main forecast item of interest for the next several days will be the arrival of an arctic air mass into the region Saturday and rain chances ahead of this feature.

Cloud bank has overspread the region this morning and with continued NE winds draining cold air into the region from western Louisiana, temperatures are not going to rise much todaylikely only into the mid 50's. Coastal trough will slowly develop along the middle TX coast later this afternoon and help in increase moisture advection over the surface cold air mass. Expect light rain, drizzle and fog to develop overnight and linger into Wednesday especially south of I-10.

Much warmer air mass spreads into the region on developing southerly winds ahead of a powerful upper level trough and arctic front. With increasing moisture and some instability in place by Friday expect to see scattered showers and even a few thunderstorms develop over the region. Approach of the strong frontal boundary and upper level trough late Friday into early Saturday will result in widespread showers and thunderstorms. Overall fast motion of the system should keep rainfall totals generally under 1 inch for most areas.

Weekend:
Arctic cold front will blast across the region with strong cold air advection and rapidly falling temperatures. Front should be near the coast by late morning and all sites will experience high temperatures prior to the frontal passage. Temperatures by Saturday afternoon and evening will likely be a solid 20-30 degrees colder than Friday evening as strong cold air advection drives the air mass across TX and offshore. Advective freeze is looking likely for most areas NW of US 59 for Saturday night and winds will continue to howl as the arctic high pressure builds into the area. Wind chills by Sunday morning will fall well into the 20's and 10's over the entire region with winds of 15-25mph. Low temperatures Sunday morning will fall into the low 30's and upper 20's along and NW of US 59 and into the mid 20's N of HWY 105. This will be a damaging advective freeze event will winds remaining up all night reducing the "greenhouse" effect of warmth from the earth's surface. High temperatures on Sunday will struggle to get much above 40 degrees and with the center of the arctic high just NE of SE TX Sunday night, maximum cold conditions can be expected with clear skies and calm winds. Will likely be looking at a hard freeze (25 or lower for 2 hours or more) for a good portion of the area Monday morning with temperatures into the mid 20's along and N of I-10 and upper 20's to the coast.

Take the time over the next few days to prepare for this cold weather outbreak and winterize outdoor items that require protection.
DonRummy
Dont care until Frankie gives his weather update.
Waltonloads08
AG
So do we start bleaching now or wait until summer???
Cromagnum
AG
WaltonBlanks08 said:

So do we start bleaching now or wait until summer???

That's a silly question. You don't want yellow snow do you? Need lots of bleach to make sure it's white when it settles on the ground, bushes, and especially your cars.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'd hit your balloon knot ASAP while supplies are readily available.
Cromagnum
AG
And just like that, everyone is right back off the boat. Houston "might" see a zip code or two that hits 32-33 this weekend. Who knows what the 2nd and 3rd round of cold are gonna do.
Ragoo
AG
Yes! Still don't have to winterize the boat.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's not really the Houston Marathon without near or sub-zero temps, 20+mph winds and some precipitation. Glad to see the event can still go forward per usual.
Post removed:
by user
JayAggie
AG
TLDR
JayAggie
AG
nice humble brag
BrazosDog02
AG
I've been reading and watching the freak out and thinking "damn...I got to winterize my house and stuff". All the while having a brain hurt trying to reconcile that with the fact every forecast is calling for 34 degrees. Lol.
Mucho austin
AG
We may not hit the freeze, but it's still a good idea to bleach your pets. Especially the cats.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.