Houston
Sponsored by

Child Psychatrist

2,163 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tea for One
maroon10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For anxiety or other reasons I don't ask, my nephew was reco'd to see a child psychiatrist and they're looking for recs. Can anyone recommend one that takes insurance? She also want a doc that can prescribe meds if needed. Not just a licensed counselor - TIA
kubiak03
AG
What part of town?

Dr. John steffik up in Klein off Louetta. Long wait time a lot to get seen but is good.
Waltonloads08
AG
maroon10 said:

For anxiety or other reasons I don't ask, my nephew was reco'd to see a child psychiatrist and they're looking for recs. Can anyone recommend one that takes insurance? She also want a doc that can prescribe meds if needed. Not just a licensed counselor - TIA

https://www.texaschildrens.org/departments/psychiatry
FCBlitz
My two cents.....take it or leave it. Don't take any meds until discussed with primary care physician.

It is just good to hear alternate viewpoints.
04texag
AG
What part of town?
94chem
Psychiatrists are sorely lacking in this area. They are generally in the business of juggling meds. Each family has to make its own way, but I would recommend a combination of a counselor/therapist/psychologist to handle the digging around/diagnosis, and a psychiatrist or his/her PA to discuss meds and the pharma feedback loop. Juvenile psychiatric services are generally horrific; like much of American medicine, they are a last-ditch effort to treat out of control symptoms. For an adult who has smoked/drunk/eaten himself into the problem, that's one thing. For a child who may be the victim of his/her environment, or be dealing with brain chemistry issues, it is truly awful.
Tea for One
AG
"Your Family Psychiatrist", in the Cypress area is great. The don't take insurance, but will give a receipt you can turn in to your insurance company to possibly get reimbursed, depending on your provider/coverage. They have psychiatrists and therapists.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.