Houston
Sponsored by

Kids cause $800G damages at Houston car dealership; wreck Ford Mustang, Dodge Challen

2,366 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by O'Doyle Rules
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn, have we done this one yet. Dumbasses!

Four juveniles turned a Houston area CarMax parking lot into their own demolition derby Sunday night causing $800,000 in damages.

According to the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's office, the juveniles broke into the CarMax dealership after it closed late Sunday night. The dealership is located on the North Freeway.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kids-cause-800g-damages-at-houston-car-dealership-wreck-ford-mustang-dodge-challenger

Broba Fett
"Identified only as male"

Of course.

Throw them in the klink and keep them on probation when they get out till all of this is paid off.
Al Bula
AG
Probably in cahoots with that white red truck driving racist.
Furlock Bones
AG
texasdirectauto just got new inventory. smashing deals. clean carfax reports.
AgCPA95
AG
Furlock Bones said:

texasdirectauto just got new inventory. smashing deals. clean carfax reports.
"Like new"
Ag_07
AG
IceCream14 said:

Houston area CarMax

Welp...They won't be negotiating a plea deal on this one
Jack Cheese
AG
They "gained access to the dealership keys". I'm thinking this was an inside job.

Big dealerships don't just have keys hanging on a pegboard. They are expensive to replace so they are kept in secured cabinets.
Scruffy
AG
Jack Cheese said:

They "gained access to the dealership keys". I'm thinking this was an inside job.

Big dealerships don't just have keys hanging on a pegboard. They are expensive to replace so they are kept in secured cabinets.

More than likely the "secured" cabinet has a key common to every other cabinet or lock box.
I bet I have one on my key ring right now.
Jack Cheese
AG
Scruffy said:

Jack Cheese said:

More than likely the "secured" cabinet has a key common to every other cabinet or lock box.
I bet I have one on my key ring right now.

Maybe so. Although all the big dealerships I've worked with (I'm in a related business) have more sophisticated electronic key control systems that are not so easily defeated. I've never worked with carmax but I'd be shocked if they had a cabinet that is opened with a master key.

But I've been shocked at shoddy management at dealerships plenty of times...
88jrt06
AG
Does Shaun King have any theories?
aTm2004
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Not necessarily. In October, my wife and I stopped by the one at 45 & West Rd to see what they had for her and I went browsing for a car for me for fun. Most of the cars were locked, but some were open. I sat in a BMW and for giggles hit the start button. Damn thing started which meant the keys were in it somewhere. I shut it off and got out pretty quick.
Jack Cheese
AG
aTm2004 said:

Jack Cheese said:

Not necessarily. In October, my wife and I stopped by the one at 45 & West Rd to see what they had for her and I went browsing for a car for me for fun. Most of the cars were locked, but some were open. I sat in a BMW and for giggles hit the start button. Damn thing started which meant the keys were in it somewhere. I shut it off and got out pretty quick.

Wow. I never cease to be amazed. That's just negligence right there.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Carmax really wishing they hired 24 hr security right about now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.