Houston
Sponsored by

Collectibles to appraise

1,936 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 94chem
aggieswmr04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any idea on where I can get some items appraised or even taken to sell?

Huge Lladro figurine collection
Firearms
Artwork

Also - Aircraft
nonameag99
https://www.texianfirearms.com/

Eyeguy is a sponsor, AG, and posts on the Outdoors Board

He can probably help with the firearms

Located at SH6 @ Westheimer
aggieswmr04
Awesome, thanks!
ccolley68
AG
For the Lladro's, my wife had a few we sold to the place by Berings and Palm on Westheimer. Do your homework on the value before you go, and if they aren't in immaculate condition, they probably won't want them.
schmendeler
AG
I've got a pretty sizable collection of beanie babies from happy meals back in the 90's. I think now is the right time to unload them. gonna put the proceeds towards getting into bitcoin. where should I take them to get top dollar?
agz win
AG
Try contacts at The Guild Resale Shops on Dunleavy. Lot's of collections of value go through the doors since many donors are from the River Oaks area. They'll have names of appraisers that specialize in your collections.

Check online for comparison items and prices like on Ebay, etc. to get an idea on what you have and value. Lots of Lladro out there.

Local auction houses will have contacts including on the artworks.

Kovell's publishes pricing books on collectibles you may want to review. Houston Library may have some recent editions if you can't find free online.

I'm interested in the artwork. Can you post pics?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'll trade you a handle of Sunny Brook and 8 cans of keystone ice that have been sitting in my garage for the past 8 years straight up for the lot.
JYDog90
AG
Hal Martin's?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Post pics of the guns on the outdoors board and you'll have values and offers posted pretty quick
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Furlock Bones
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Post pics of the guns on the outdoors board and you'll have values and offers posted pretty quick
this. lots of estate guns have been sold quickly and at solid prices to Ags on the outdoors board in the past.
IrishTxAggie
AG
blindey said:

I'll trade you a handle of Sunny Brook and 8 cans of keystone ice that have been sitting in my garage for the past 8 years straight up for the lot.

Toss in a few cans of Skoal Wintergreen and you've got yourself a deal!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Collectors Firearms on Fondren and Richmond might be able to help as well. They collect a whole lot more than just guns. Not sure I would sell them my guns at the prices they offer, but they might have some good information for you. If nothing else, it is a really cool store to look around for a half hour or so.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That place is like a museum. There's so much to see and learn. And apparently there are some folks with much bigger gun budgets than I have. When I was in there in December they had just sold their FOURTH gatlin gun of the year at ~$160,000 a pop.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
agz win
AG
My friend is retired and a gun trader that frequents the local gun shows with lots of trades going on.
The Wonderer
AG
aggieswmr04 said:

Anyone have any idea on where I can get some items appraised or even taken to sell?

Huge Lladro figurine collection
Firearms
Artwork

Also - Aircraft
I might be able to point you in the right direction on the artwork and aircraft. What type of art and aircraft?
aggieswmr04
Thanks everyone!

We do have an inventory of the Lladro and most are in excellent condition also in original boxes. Hopefully the suggestions will work out as it's a huge inventory that my boss has no desire to move across country with him.

I'll work to get pictures of the artwork. Don't remember the artist. I think it's a large painting but I wouldn't know the type or style off the top of my head.

Planes: Carbon Cub and Cessna 182T

Guns - he may have decided to divide up to family members, but I've reached out to some of the suggestions here as well

Thanks so much everyone!
94chem
Antiques Road Show - duh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.