Houston
Sponsored by

What's your favorite bar in Houston?

7,789 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bularry
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Thank you, Mario.
Where's he working now? He was an amazing bartender. He could somehow remember me and my regular drink after months or years without seeing me. I wasn't enough of a regular for anyone else at Kay's or the Firehouse to remember me, he just has like a photographic memory for everyone.

Yep. Every time I'd walk into Kay's, we'd give each other the nod and then he'd put two silver bullets on the bar and say "been a while Mr Strickland" even though it had only been a couple days. Nothing will ever be the same.
Fall92
AG
Yes the Marquis
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Fall92
AG
Mario liked my dad and knew he drank tequila. Anytime we'd roll in he'd pour three tequilas Right away for "El Doctor" so we could all drink one together.
Liquid Wrench
It was kind of funny one night after dinner the girl wanted to swing by Hefley's. I said I had never been there before. We walk in and the bartender reaches over to shake my hand and asks if I want my usual bourbon and coke. I was like, "uhhh...yes, thank you." It had probably been more than 2 years since I had seen him at the Firehouse or Kay's and took me a second to remember.
cheeky
AG
RIP State Bar
schmendeler
AG
I really liked moving sidewalk. But I never went often enough to be a regular. They always had cool drinks and the bartenders were laid back.
TXAG 05
AG
State Bar was another great bar no longer with us.

Did Moving Sidewalk not make it? Haven't been on Main in a while. Always liked that place.

schmendeler
AG
Last I heard was it was going to be a Mexican food place.
TXAG 05
AG
Oh good. I was worried we were going to run out of Mexican restaurants in this town
MaterialAg
AG
Onion Creek

13 Celsius

Bubba's

Kenneally's

bularry
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Deans clothing store and La Carafe for dates.

downtown I like Tongue Cut and Public Services
bularry
Echoes97 said:

If you're into wine, do yourself a favor and try out Camerata. Probably the most eclectic (and ever changing) wine list in the city. Great date spot. Awesome staff as well.
It is a great spot but probably not the most eclectic in terms of wine selections with some of the newer spots that are out there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.