Houston
Sponsored by

poor Katy HOA

8,625 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silky Johnston said:

I am in Westbury and people were popping off until 2AM on Christmas Eve/Day. I don't ever remember hearing fireworks on Christmas Eve.
It's new w/in the last few years.

Growing up in Westbury in the 80's, it was just NYE and 4th of July that we got to sit out back and listen to the gunfire coming from the Soufside.

I assume central and South American cultural traditions have something to do with this.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Spoken like someone who has not confronted a belligerent group of drunken 3rd worlders at 2am. Let me know how it goes.

It's nice when your neighborhood prices out the third worlders.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Unfortunately, it's hard to price out 5 people splitting rent.
Seamaster
AG
We bought a modest assortment of fireworks for the first time this year.

If you can't beat them, join them.

And, I am with whoever said that 4th of July and NY Eve at reasonable hour is fine but it's the clowns that do it throughout the whole week that really annoy me.
tmaggies
AG
Freaking whoosh.....
Liquid Wrench
I heard more late last night. I'd say somewhere around the 5 day mark is getting ridiculous.
BrazosDog02
AG
All the snowflakes hanging in there? Happy new year!

I got my 72 Pack of mortar shells ready for the next few days!

Just kidding. Kind of.
OCEN99
AG
94chem
BrazosDog02 said:

All the snowflakes hanging in there? Happy new year!

I got my 72 Pack of mortar shells ready for the next few days!

Just kidding. Kind of.

Have at it. I'll be hiking at the Grand Canyon. Enjoy your proletariat boom-booms.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
OCEN99 said:

That's next level creation of fake news.
Bibendum 86
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Silky Johnston said:

I am in Westbury and people were popping off until 2AM on Christmas Eve/Day. I don't ever remember hearing fireworks on Christmas Eve.
It's new w/in the last few years.

Growing up in Westbury in the 80's, it was just NYE and 4th of July that we got to sit out back and listen to the gunfire coming from the Soufside.

I assume central and South American cultural traditions have something to do with this.
It sounded like the North Koreans had launched an amphibious assault on Belden's at one point, even with the routine gunfire from the two apartment complexes.
Icecream_Ag
S
We had lots of fireworks and firecrackers last night and a few idiots trying to mask their hand guns amongst the festivities.
CDUB98
AG
Driving home from Clear Lake NYE, we were stopped at the light at 34th and E T.C. Jester.

I rolled the window down a little.

You could definitely hear some handgun pops in the middle of the regular fireworks coming from the apartments to the West of T.C. Jester on 34th.

I just sighed and hoped none fell towards us.

We were all so tired, we were asleep as Fallujah really got going around midnight. Wife woke up for a few minutes and said I talked to her about it, but I don't remember a damned thing. I was OUT.
HtownAg92
AG
North and East of the GO/OF was a war zone on NYE, and I was still hearing a few clips being unloaded last night. It may not have been new year's related though. May have been the T-shirt Sips celebrating that they can dig their puke orange gear out of storage and represent "their" team again.

By the way, that air quality warning was no joke. Yesterday morning felt like breathing in LA.
runlola
AG
I actually heard them in the GO/OF this morning at around 9:30am (coming from the north). When you're setting off fireworks in daylight, that's when it's truly become ridiculous.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Wow some of you should cut off your dicks and wear skirts. We Have a baby. We have a dog. We live in a great neighborhood. But we also have brains and iqs over 100 and realize it's only a few days a year. Get over it *******
Post removed:
by user
Flashdiaz
AG
I actually like watching random fireworks in the sky. I'm glad my neighbors like to light their money on fire.
HtownAg92
AG
So commenting about the fireworks and gunplay means we aren't men and have low IQ's? Got it. Makes total sense. Way to set everyone straight with that logical argument.
FtBendTxAg
AG
HtownAg92 said:

So commenting about the fireworks and gunplay means we aren't men and have low IQ's? Got it. Makes total sense. Way to set everyone straight with that logical argument.

Well, yes. Exactly. Move to California if it hurts the feels too bad.
FtBendTxAg
AG
FYI the fear of getting shot and dealing with flying bullets is not what I was referring to. Fireworks only.
HtownAg92
AG
Whoa whoa whoa tough guy. Don't back down on the bravado. Keep pushing all in on your position that being annoyed means you should move to California with your lady parts and barely functioning intellect.

FtBendTxAg
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Whoa whoa whoa tough guy. Don't back down on the bravado. Keep pushing all in on your position that being annoyed means you should move to California with your lady parts and barely functioning intellect.

I hope when I'm pushing 50 like you I have thicker skin.
HtownAg92
AG
My skin is just fine. I just don't feel the need to interject myself and to go all message board badass when it isn't necessary. Keep up the good fight, though.
Silky Johnston
Yeah, I was just making an observation, not complaining. Please don't lump me in as one of the beta males that needs to move to California. My ego is too sensitive to know that someone from the internet doesn't think I am a badass.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Might be wrong here, but the HOA could disallow fireworks within their jurisdictions. There is also a procedure to change your HOA rules.

What did I miss here? People bought into a HOA neighborhood, signed and agreed on the HOA rules and then whine about living in unrestricted area about fireworks.

I live in unincorporated Harris County, have an HOA and fireworks are allowed. I knew it going in.

Guess this might be HOA disallows fireworks and people just ignore it. Without enforcement, the rule / regulation does not exist. Kinda of like the Mexico / Texas border.
Texas A&M
From the Montgomery County Sheriff's office. They're pretty clear about not bothering them.

Quote:

During this time of year, people will celebrate New Year Eve in various ways. For MCSO during this time, our priority is the safety of the citizens and the property in our county.
As you prepare for the New Year holiday, please be aware fireworks are legal in unincorporated areas of Montgomery County and Deputies CANNOT instruct your neighbor to stop discharging fireworks since it is a legal activity.
Most cities have city ordinances that prohibit the use of fireworks. Counties do not!
HOA deed restrictions are not enforceable by law enforcement.
HOA's can enforce deed restrictions by issuing fines and /or legal lawsuits through legal counsel. If you have a complaint about discharge of fireworks, take street addresses (names if possible), photographs of debris left by the discharge of the fireworks and report it to the HOA.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

We take our dog to Fourth of July fireworks shows, she loves it. Sounds like many dogs and their owners are going the way of the beta male.
watch what you say about Bailey and Rusty, you heartless *******.
Philo B 93
Our HOA is fining all residents when it thunders. They've also included a "traffic noise fee" annually for when tires on the freeways or wet roads go above 20 dB as measured at the central green space. Hard core, bro.

Fireworks bring families together and keep teens off the (other) streets. It's only 2 or 3 times a year, but it's beautiful.

Dogs barking at stuff. Hmmm, what are they barking at the other 99 times they wake us owners up?

Random thoughts. Don't really care one way or the other.
FCBlitz
Might as well complain about having to write 2019 on Jan 1st. What silly people will complain about!
schmellba99
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

There is so much whiny little ***** in that article that I almost couldn't get through it.
Up until your post (haven't made it any further), not a lot of difference on this thread either
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.