Houston
Sponsored by

poor Katy HOA

8,608 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have not read a more sensationalized, crybaby story than this in a long time.

Quote:

Legal fireworks used around homes near Katy have people packing bags and booking hotel rooms. Though the explosives violate homeowner association deed restrictions, HOA leadership feels powerless

you'd think these guys were in the middle of Syria taking mortar rounds....

I loved this quote

Quote:

"You feel kind of helpless as an HOA," Piatek said.

great reading if you dislike power hungry HOA's
Diggity
AG
Quote:

It is to the point that even in insulated closets wearing special calming vests, Jones' shell-shocked and scared dogs Rusty and Bailey have no place to hide. So the family rents hotel rooms.
Velvet Jones
AG
We have to sedate our dogs on NYE and July 4th because our hood becomes Fallujah. ****ing rednecks.
schmendeler
AG
the fireworks people sound like dicks.

the hoa people sound like wusses. if you want to stop it, how about you go out and catch the people doing it? I mean, they probably pay tons of money to a management company to handle this crap. why aren't they doing anything?
Diggity
AG
Better idea than getting a hotel.

Ya'll would hate the beaches of South America during NYE.
94chem
I drop $20 at a fireworks stand and it's barely enough for my kids to have some sparklers on the driveway. Meanwhile, I see people who don't have two quarters to rub together look like they're bombing Hanoi. Can't nobody figure out why Semolina don't never have no money for beauty school, though.

Nice to live in a neighborhood now where people bought their houses with their degrees instead of their paychecks.
BMX Bandit
Think of the children!! They have sleep schedules that fireworks interrupt!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I won't lie- I'm glad the trashy renters two doors down were evicted prior to NYE so we don't have to console a 4mo old back to sleep.
Flashdiaz
AG
I don't mind fireworks midnight to 2am on NYE, or 4th of July and +-7days around those holidays.... but there are dicks out there firing fireworks at midnight on Christmas Eve trying to ruin little johnny's Christmas by waking him up when Santa is trying to do work.
MrWonderful
AG
This stuff cracks me up. If your neighbor is being a jackass, just go tell him he's being a jackass and to wrap it up. So funny to watch people peak through the blinds and make passive aggressive posts on FB instead of just talking to people. Heaven forbid that you have to deal with confrontation in person!
Flashdiaz
AG
it's not always in front of your house, especially fireworks that can be heard from a distance.

I do agree with you though, which is why I have some bottle rockets of my own just in case I need to confront a neighbor about fireworks, a coyote, or dog pooping in my perfectly manicured lawn.
94chem
Flashdiaz said:

it's not always in front of your house, especially fireworks that can be heard from a distance.

I do agree with you though, which is why I have some bottle rockets of my own just in case I need to confront a neighbor about fireworks, a coyote, or dog pooping in my perfectly manicured lawn.
If you ever post a video of yourself popping a coyote with a bottle rocket, you will win texags forever.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Spoken like someone who has not confronted a belligerent group of drunken 3rd worlders at 2am. Let me know how it goes.
MrWonderful
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Spoken like someone who has not confronted a belligerent group of drunken 3rd worlders at 2am. Let me know how it goes.
Happens every 4th of July and every new years...maybe I should video it this year so you'll believe me. Need my internet tough guy points!
Hugh Jass
AG
HOA-owned and operated drone + UHD gimbal-mounted video camera = exorbitantly massive HOA fines for confirmed violators + public shaming on social media.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Don't forget the veterans, first responders, shift workers, and whatever other unprotected classes I haven't thought of who beg for attention on FB during fireworks season.

HOAs would be better served just asking residents to knock it off at 10pm every night instead of pretending like it's something that they can enforce.
MouthBQ98
AG
Meh, we had a dog that was scared to death of fireworks and thunder. Have one now, too. We bring them inside turn up the TV and give them a couple of Benadryl and something good to chew and they're fine.
jetch17
AG
FFS
The Wonderer
AG
94chem said:

I drop $20 at a fireworks stand and it's barely enough for my kids to have some sparklers on the driveway. Meanwhile, I see people who don't have two quarters to rub together look like they're bombing Hanoi. Can't nobody figure out why Semolina don't never have no money for beauty school, though.

Nice to live in a neighborhood now where people bought their houses with their degrees instead of their paychecks.
Sucks that you gotta buy those waterproof fireworks though.
94chem
Darmok and Jeelad at Tenagra. Never gets old.
BrazosDog02
AG
There is so much whiny little ***** in that article that I almost couldn't get through it.
strohag
AG
I've got some neighbors that must spend a few grand on the show they put on. More power to them. I'd rather spend my money in other ways that lighting it on fire.
94chem
strohag said:

I've got some neighbors that must spend a few grand on the show they put on. More power to them. I'd rather spend my money in other ways that lighting it on fire.

As a chemist, I generally try NOT to blow up stuff. But as a father of an adopted older Chinese child, if we ever get in the game, we'll be just fine at DIY.
TexaN792
Love the article. I despise HOAs and the president in that article sounds like a whiny *****.

This is Texas, people love freedom and things that go boom. What else would you expect around New Year's and Independence day
redag06
I hate the whiny moms who ***** about little brayelynne who can't sleep through a few fireworks.

The same idiots who think your kids can't sleep through a doorbell ring. My two were basically trained to sleep through anything.
Liquid Wrench
Jesus. I think people who shoot fireworks in residential neighborhoods are kind of dickish and trashy, but I've never really given it more thought than occasionally posting a whiny thread here.

At least it rained so there shouldn't be too much risk of the crops getting burnt.
Cromagnum
AG
What a bunch of whiny beeches.
Post removed:
by user
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
third coast.. said:

morons shooting artillery shels on my street right now. dumb AF/

Sorry, I'm not sorry about that
MAS444
AG
So glad we don't have that kind of petty drama in my hood. Our problems are actual shootings. Just keeping it real. Maybe I should form an HOA and make shooting people against the rules...?
Silky Johnston
I am in Westbury and people were popping off until 2AM on Christmas Eve/Day. I don't ever remember hearing fireworks on Christmas Eve.
drumboy
AG
We don't have many people shooting fireworks around us in Timbergrove, as it's illegal and all and most of my neighbors are law-abiding citizens and liberal pansies or whatever, but I like to sit outside on NYE drinking beer by a firepit and it sounds like MFing Fallujah to the East where the vatos live. Like Constant black cats popping and often you'll hear 14 straight as they empty the clip (mag).
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'm not one to go and buy any to shoot off in front of the house, but I'll damn sure pitch in with my neighbor(s) and chill in the driveway and watch while they all act a fool.
FTACO97
AG
The complains I always seem to see on FB and NextDoor around me in Cypress is how it's so horrible for the dogs that are afraid of fireworks. "Please think of the puppies!!" it's ridiculous. I have 2 dogs who can't stand them and had a previous one that didn't either. They just cower in the house and stay by our side. Doesn't bother me one bit and I don't begrudge anyone setting off fireworks.
JSKolache
AG
Silky Johnston said:

I am in Westbury and people were popping off until 2AM on Christmas Eve/Day. I don't ever remember hearing fireworks on Christmas Eve.
We had that ****e too this year near us. Takes a special kinda asshat to blast fireworks during prime santa-time in a neighborhood full of families with small kids.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.