Houston
Sponsored by

Looking to Stucco my fireplace, need recs

1,900 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 94chem
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently the fireplace is brick but I'm looking for a recommendation for someone who does this sort of work.
Aggie09Derek
AG
But why?
Astrobo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

But why?
This!
94chem
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Because we flooded in Harvey and need to remodel it...who gives a ****? Either help with a recomendation or don't post.
Farmer1906
AG
He's just trying to save you some money. You don't need to stucco it. It looks fine. People pay a lot of money to get a fireplace to look like that.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
That's not me or my fireplace, just a representative sample of what I want done

Expensive or cheap I don't really care. Just looking for a recomendation, not other suggestions currently.
Farmer1906
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

That's not me or my fireplace, just a representative sample of what I want done

Expensive or cheap I don't really care. Just looking for a recomendation, not other suggestions currently.

If you don't care about the price then why do you need a rec? just use some higher end place that doesn't use illegals.
Duck Blind
AG
Not sure how much you're willing to spend but have you considered removing the brick and mantle? If the firebox is flush with the wall you can tile around it and up to the ceiling if you like. It's a more modern look but that's what's happening in new homes now.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
We came across something like this and liked it. It fits how we have remodeled the house post Harvey.

We thought about keeping the brick but it just doesn't really fit what the house has morphed into given we went from 1978 traditional to a little more modern look.
Liquid Wrench
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Just looking for a recomendation, not other suggestions currently.

Well, when you are interested in other suggestions, you might consider leaving the brick, but painting each individual brick a different color. Really livens up old brick with some pizazz and oomph!
Diggity
AG
somewhere nearby, there's a really pissed off bird.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I know what you are saying, I think it's a finer, sandier version that is smoother, not necessarily the stucco you think about on an outside wall.
Diggity
AG
That one looks like drywall with texture.
Diggity
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
It may just be drywall mud, good way to find out would be to talk with someone who does this....like a recommendation....from texags....the whole reason why I started this thread
MAS444
AG
I've seen this done with concrete and look really good.
StillNotAnAggie
My parents used this place on their brick fireplace, Changed it from red brick to a limestone look, but I bet they place could do what you are looking for. I believe the place was in Conroe.

https://www.procalstone.com/residential-applications/

I should also mention, I believe that they finished the entire project in 1 day.
88jrt06
AG
Always enjoy "the masonry protectors" who without fail post on these threads...
Do not alter brick!
94chem
What about the people who do those driveway overlays? Also, what about the Miracle Method? Do they have any epoxy/coating textures that would work? We're just gonna paint ours once we get all of the outlets/electrical done (always use the painter to cover the sins of the electrician).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.