Houston
Sponsored by

New BBQ place in El Katy

3,748 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Legacy Work Spaces
lne2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently a food truck, opening a brick and mortar location around Katy Hockley cut-off Rd and Clay Rd in the spring of 2019. Anyone had their BBQ before?

https://www.papercitymag.com/restaurants/daddy-duncans-katy-barbecue-restaurant-hot-pitmaster-randy-duncan/#177085
Al Bula
AG
Nope
Liquid Wrench
They need to have a minimum 2 hour wait time in line before I'll even consider allowing their brisket to pass these lips.
BrazosDog02
AG
User name checks out.
cgarcia23147
Yes, I've had it and it's good.

There is another place that just opened about 2 weeks ago on Mason Rd. It's some of the best bbq I've had. Brett's BBQ Shop is on Mason Rd/Kingsland in the old Nonmachers spot. He's open Wed-Sun, 11:30 - he runs out of meat. I've already been a few times and tried just about everything, including the beef rib. It's a must try!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
My name is Brett and I will be going there tomorrow
vansprinkle
AG
Heard Katy's getting a Coopers BBQ pretty soon. Will be nice not having to drive all the way to Llano for it.
schmendeler
AG
how was it, brett?
cgarcia23147
Yes, Brett, I hope I gave a good recommendation.

What did you think?
MelvinUdall
cgarcia23147 said:

Yes, I've had it and it's good.

There is another place that just opened about 2 weeks ago on Mason Rd. It's some of the best bbq I've had. Brett's BBQ Shop is on Mason Rd/Kingsland in the old Nonmachers spot. He's open Wed-Sun, 11:30 - he runs out of meat. I've already been a few times and tried just about everything, including the beef rib. It's a must try!

I agree with your post. Brett went into my uncles bbq place and is using the same pit. His sides are really good and I agree that the beef rib is fantastic.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Was not able to make it over there today. Had to take my dad to the doctor. Going to try for dinner or tomorrow.
MelvinUdall
brs4688 said:

Was not able to make it over there today. Had to take my dad to the doctor. Going to try for dinner or tomorrow.

Seems like he usually sells out around 4, not sure you can get dinner.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Well then tomorrow it is. Thanks for the heads up.
JSKolache
AG
Annnddd....?
schmendeler
AG
C'MON. Brett!

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
No and then.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Bbq Update. I just went and picked up a 1/2lb of brisket. Besides my own brisket, it is the best brisket I have purchased in the Houston area!! Plan to return and sample everything else on the menu!! Highly recommend y'all visit!
schmendeler
AG
What top places in Houston have you eaten at to compare with? Forgive me if you've said previously.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Brooks, Killen's, Harris county smokehouse, Nonmacher's... I think that is about it.

Have any places you recommend?
schmendeler
AG
If you're saying it's better than Killens, that's a pretty strong statement. And makes this place worth trying. I suggest Corkscrew, Feges, and go up to Magnolia and try Reveille.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Brisket had a great bark and just the right amount of smoke. I have also been to all the bbq places in Lockhart.

*bbq is very subjective and this place gets 10 flavor points on name alone
AgCPA95
AG
brs4688 said:

Brooks, Killen's, Harris county smokehouse, Nonmacher's... I think that is about it.

Have any places you recommend?
One of these is not like the other........?
TXAG 05
AG
I have a job site out there in the sticks so went by for lunch today. Brisket was pretty damn good. Ribs were above average but nothing special. Make their own beef sausage daily.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I disagree, they all serve brisket
JJWAGGIE
AG
Hit up Brett's this week... the first great bbq i have had in Katy. Not as good, in my opinion, as my personal favorite (Killen's) but a heck of a lot closer! I certainly see this place cutting down on my runs to other places around town.

The only negative is the parking situation is terrible and as he gets more popular, it will be damn near impossible to get there without parking across Mason and walking across the street.
Legacy Work Spaces
I am in love with Pinkertons. Have not eaten at Killens. How would you that have eaten at both compare the 2?
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.