Houston
Sponsored by

Chronicle=Fake News

3,094 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Build It
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.thewrap.com/houston-chronicle-retracts-8-stories-after-fraud-investigation-we-apologize-to-our-readers/
sts7049
AG
who still reads the chronicle?
Al Bula
AG
The chron.com website is worse than the fake news those libtard idiots put out. Damn their pop-ups and auto-loading videos.
AgLiving06
And yet the national media wanted to make a big deal over the Chronicle endorsing Beto...
chimpanzee
sts7049 said:

who still reads the chronicle?

At it's best, it's like reading a transcript of a sports talk show that aired yesterday.

I'm not sure how they are not completely bankrupt. Who even advertises in it anymore, people that cater to shut-ins?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I'm not sure how they are not completely bankrupt.
They went through massive layoffs a few years ago, along with a lot of voluntary resignations from experienced people who weren't happy with the direction of management. Not surprised they're having problems with basic reporting now.
Ag_07
AG
RPM said:

The chron.com website is worse than the fake news those libtard idiots put out. Damn their pop-ups and auto-loading videos.

Slideshows...Can't forget the slideshows
Bondag
AG
I subscribed on Sundays and online until they quit delivering it. Could usually get one or 2 coupons that paid for the paper.

Like 8 weeks in a row. No paper. Until a few weeks before Christmas and the paper with a tip envelope made it right onto my front porch.
schmendeler
AG
From what I can tell it was the result of one guy making up sources for his stories.
Liquid Wrench
Second one they've caught making up stories. Wouldn't be surprised if there were more.
Al Bula
AG
Really what is a liberal dewsh journalist (who makes pennies) supposed to do when the even more liberal bigger dewshbag bloggers make up fake news with no accountability?
Scientific
AG
Like an episode from The Wire. I remember the outcry when A&M folded journalism. Looking back I cant say it was a bad move anymore. I feel bad for the ones who are passionate about reporting.
88jrt06
AG
The Chron-apologizer has already split to take a job as a VP at NPR. Bye. Felicia.
I mean, it was only EIGHT! C'mon.

They don't even have a publisher.

They split up stories with Hearst's other Texas rag in San Antonio. Unbelievably, we get to read local San Antonio news/issues 180 miles away in the country's 4th largest city...cause not much happening here!

Very few of their reporters are even from Texas; it's like LibHearst hired them from Ivy League liberal arts backgrounds, then just dumps them at one of their lousy rags around the country. Because they want to be informative...about Lib national politics. They know jack about Houston, it's obvious.

The worst 'feature" is called "Gray Matters". Get it? It was announced as the intellectual hidey-hole for those of us who can actually read, unlike the rest of the paper (except posts by the music critic and outdoors editor, IMO).
So, flip over to "Gray Tatters" and welcome to the most hate-filled, sexist, racist whining ever. Luckily, most moderate-conservative white males aren't all that vulnerable to hate-speak, so they fail in their triggered, butterfly attacks and look ridiculous. It's likely "Gray Splatters" will soon do exactly that. New material is already scarce.
Big Cat `93
AG
My fave is the Astros beat writer who thinks he's Frank Deford. It takes four or five paragraphs for him to give the score in a game report.
88jrt06
AG
Better than the designated "woman reporter so disappointed in males". Brought her in special for Baylor.
That dried up, but they promoted a woman publisher so she's going....nowhere.
I've noted her writing 5 paragraphs using 5 sentences total.
Very informative!
BBRex
AG
There's not really a bright side, but at least the Chronicle has been open about what happened. He was only working at the Chron for four years after a lengthy run at the Austin American-Statesman, and that paper doesn't seem to be in any hurry to check his work there.
Build It
AG
This is nothing new for the Chronicle. It has been the bastion of yellow journalism for 25 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.