Houston
Sponsored by

Best Country and Western dance hall in Houston with a big dance floor?

1,645 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
ncttc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming into Houston this weekend and looking for a nice C & W dance hall that has a decent size dance floor. Just looking at the internet, I see Westwind Club, Daisy Dukes, Whiskey River and Wild West. Any suggestions? TIA
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Wild West has the largest dance floor of those mentioned

If you want a big dance floor, and are going to be in town Friday night, the Heights SPJST Hall is having a dance. I would plan on bringing your own dance partner to that one though.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
vansprinkle
AG
Went to Whiskey River about a year ago with some friends. We were the only white people in there and they played a ton of country dancing music. Also plenty of line dances and a bit of rap/hip hop. Thought it was pretty cool that it was 95% Hispanic and African American and everyone was two stepping to David Allan Coe, et al.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Whiskey River, unless they've remodeled since I was last there in 2009, has a dance floor the size of a boxing ring.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
TXAG 05
AG
Whiskey River is also out in the sticks. If you just want to dance to classic country music, and bringing your own women, go to West Wind. Otherwise Wild West or Daisy Dukes are your best bets
digging tunnels
AG
Check out Big Texas in Spring. It's more of a circular dance floor with a bar in the middle.

Stampede Houston up 59N and the beltway is pretty damn big. Dance floor is definitely bigger that wild west. Pretty damn big crowd as well
ncttc
Thanks for the responses. We usually go to Big Texas in Spring, but not huge fans of Roger Creager, who plays Friday night. I guess we will check out Wild West, since it seems to have the largest dance floor.
ncttc
Stampede Houston is just a little out of the way for us.
ncttc
Stampede Houston might be OK after all. I see that Tracy Lawrence is there tonight. It would probably too packed to dance though.
Liquid Wrench
vansprinkle said:

Went to Whiskey River about a year ago with some friends. We were the only white people in there and they played a ton of country dancing music. Also plenty of line dances and a bit of rap/hip hop. Thought it was pretty cool that it was 95% Hispanic and African American and everyone was two stepping to David Allan Coe, et al.
You're in Houston, Texas, that's not all that unusual. You should go check out the Round Up Saloon some time: https://www.facebook.com/holdnn.chocolatestemz/videos/vb.100002036199796/1860598237351365/?type=2&theater
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.