Houston
Sponsored by

Lina Hildago

77,050 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by third coast..
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats, Harris County, on electing this moron. Ed Emmett had a weird fetish for the Astrodome, but at least he generally knew what he was doing and wasn't a 27-yr old professional student activist that doesn't know the first thing about county government.

Well done.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's the next thread down. But correct.
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2996652
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
K Bo
AG
wait, what happened?
HtownAg92
AG
We're f'ed. Straight ticket Beta voters elected a child to run a Billion dollar county government. No experience, no credentials, lots of feel good talking points with no substance. Only thing she needed was a "D" next to her name and now she is in charge of the next natural disaster. Woke Beta voters just kicked out a dude who has been through a dozen of them.
I Am A Critic
This will continue to happen until the Republican Party realizes what a liability the President and his behavior are.
Broba Fett
I Am A Critic said:

This will continue to happen until the Republican Party realizes what a liability the President and his behavior are.

Nah. This happen because fools voted Beto and the rest of them.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Username checks out. And the user is dead wrong. And apparently has a case of TDS.
96AgGrad
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Gosh, you're right. Let's give up the Presidency.
cajunaggie08
AG
HtownAg92 said:

We're f'ed. Straight ticket Beta voters elected a child to run a Billion dollar county government. No experience, no credentials, lots of feel good talking points with no substance. Only thing she needed was a "D" next to her name and now she is in charge of the next natural disaster. Woke Beta voters just kicked out a dude who has been through a dozen of them.
Lets not act like straight ticket R voters havent elected some fools in the past either. That being said, Hidalgo being elected highlighted another huge flaw in our voting process as she absolutely has no business being in charge of the county. 98% of her "voters" have no clue they even voted for her as they they couldnt even tell you what the Harris County Judge does. I'm pretty sure Hidalgo may not either. It almost seems she ran just because she could as her campaign almost was non-existant. I voted Beto but absolutely made sure to vote for Emmett as he was the only qualified person running for the job. It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward. With Harris County locked in as blue for the foreseeable future, hopefully a way more qualified person will unseat her in the next primary.
tylercsbn9
AG
hodgesco said:

Congrats, Harris County, on electing this moron. Ed Emmett had a weird fetish for the Astrodome, but at least he genenrally knew what he was doing and wasn't a 27-yr old professional student activist that doesn't the first thing about county government.

Well done.
Whoa whoa whoa.....

She has job experience! She was a translator at a hospital!
aTm2004
AG
I Am A Critic said:

aTm2004
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Lets not act like straight ticket R voters havent elected some fools in the past either. That being said, Hidalgo being elected highlighted another huge flaw in our voting process as she absolutely has no business being in charge of the county. 98% of her "voters" have no clue they even voted for her as they they couldnt even tell you what the Harris County Judge does. I'm pretty sure Hidalgo may not either. It almost seems she ran just because she could as her campaign almost was non-existant. I voted Beto but absolutely made sure to vote for Emmett as he was the only qualified person running for the job. It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward. With Harris County locked in as blue for the foreseeable future, hopefully a way more qualified person will unseat her in the next primary.
1. Straight ticket is no more in Texas. Abbott dropped the ball by not allowing it to go into effect this election.
2. You voted for Beto. Embrace the "blue wave" that hit Harris County. Inexperience and feels is what you obviously wanted.
MelvinUdall
I Am A Critic said:

Not sure if serious....
White Liberals=The Worst
cajunaggie08 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Here's the thing though. There is never ANY reason to vote democrat. Any blue dog dem with a head on their shoulders left the party at least a decade ago. I would vote a conservative straight out of school before I would vote for a democrat with decades of experience, bc 99.5% of the time, that conservative is going to be far less likely to ramp up wasteful spending, come after my 2nd Amendment rights, put other countries' interests before ours, and dedicate themselves to turning us into a sanctuary city.

Straight line Repub =/= Straight line dem, sorry.

This is an open borders professional student who just became a citizen FIVE f-ing years ago. Democrats ought to be ashamed. We also need to raise the voting limit to 25.

Lastly, don't admit to being a male feminist (Beto voter) publicly again...it doesn't make you cool
captkirk
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Yeah, this is Trump's fault
P.H. Dexippus
AG
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
David_Puddy
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

This is an open borders professional student who just became a citizen FIVE f-ing years ago. Democrats ought to be ashamed. We also need to raise the voting limit to 25.

Yep, and 90% of her focus will be solely on immigration issues instead of other important county issues.
nonameag99
Interview with Hildago. Enjoy

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/politics/2018/11/07/311159/meet-lina-hidalgo-harris-countys-newly-elected-latina-judge/

The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
MAROON
AG
This is all you need to know about your new Harris County CEO....God help us all

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/politics/2018/11/07/311159/meet-lina-hidalgo-harris-countys-newly-elected-latina-judge/

Who do you look up to most both personally and professionally?

For me it's been my parents who have been an example of courage. And professionally, gosh, we're standing on the shoulders of giants. The women leaders that have come before us, folks like Sheila Jackson Lee, like Sylvia Garcia, who've been around, who've been fighting the fight, who've been the first of firsts, that's what we're building on. And I'm very proud to build on the work they've done.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

HtownAg92 said:

1. Straight ticket is no more in Texas. Abbott dropped the ball by not allowing it to go into effect this election.
2. You voted for Beto. Embrace the "blue wave" that hit Harris County. Inexperience and feels is what you obviously wanted.
I said I voted for Emmett too so no, it is not what i obviously wanted. If I wanted a full blue wave I would have hit the D button and called it a day.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Dear. Lord. We are foooked worse than I thought.
AlaskanAg99
AG
She thinks she can spend the bond money how/where she wants. Not the case At All. It's all tied up in current projects that have started to roll. And much of it is being used for matching funds from other state/federal sources that all have strings attached.

Half her platform on flooding and infrastructure is already being done. Plus...that's at the direction of the county commissioners....not the county judge.
aTm '99
Anti-taxxer
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Ok. The PRESIDENT had an impact on party affiliations when voting for COUNTY JUDGE??

Yeah.
W
AG
she will find out quickly that there is very little money available for anything
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
The behavior of Trump (and by extension the Republican party) motivated a lot of straight ticket Democrats to actually show up to the polls. Any attempt to declare otherwise is being intentionally obtuse.

I personally don't think straight ticket voting should be an option, but Trump is a political liability that took out a lot of good Harris county judges who happened to be Republican. It's a shame, but that's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.
vansprinkle
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

HtownAg92 said:

I said I voted for Emmett too so no, it is not what i obviously wanted. If I wanted a full blue wave I would have hit the D button and called it a day.

Think you missed his point. You voted for inexperience and feels with Beto. Beto is inexperienced and brings nothing to the table other than feels. You voted for someone that does not have experience, but is cool and says the right things, making you feel good. A lack of experience is not something a Beto voter was worried about, but being cool and trendy with some emotions is what Beto was all about.

Edited to add that you didn't want to add an inexperienced feels person the the local government, but were perfectly happy to add an inexperienced feels person to the federal government.
Spore Ag
Only time I voted straight R was Obamas midterm and it was not personality vs policy.
nonameag99
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

The behavior of Trump (and by extension the Republican party) motivated a lot of straight ticket Democrats to actually show up to the polls. Any attempt to declare otherwise is being intentionally obtuse.

I personally don't think straight ticket voting should be an option, but Trump is a political liability that took out a lot of good Harris county judges who happened to be Republican. It's a shame, but that's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.
Meh, I can live with dems in county gov if it mean GCF didn't win

The whole country would be screwed then

at least harris county residents can move
n_touch
Not surprising. SJL was looking at here like she herself won the position. I feel she will be nothing but a puppet for those above her.
nonameag99
I assume Cynthia Garcia will shepherd her through the process

She got "screwed" when Morman was elected

Now she can be County Judge "sort of"
SockDePot
I 100% agree that she is inexperienced, unqualified, and most likely won due to straight tickets for the Beto; however we can't discount emmitt going against the public vote with his astrodome dream. That created a lot of bad will, and I considered voting against him simply because of that.

How long until he shows up as commissioner of some committee for the dome, continuing to spend hundreds of millions of $'s that aren't his?
Tom Hagen
AG
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

It had nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with the useful idiots who bought into the cult of personality of the empty suit Beta. Universal suffrage has been the downfall of the Republic.
AGHouston11
AG
Ed Emmot endorsed and voted for democrats in THIS election- He is the idiot!!!!
Your Mom And Them
If we have another Harvey or Ike type of situation, you folks in Harris County are skuh-rood.
Liquid Wrench
Cruz painted a giant target on his back by campaigning for president before he was even sworn in as a freshman senator. Turning into a Baptist preacher who was on TV every night changed the dynamic of a freshman senator seeking reelection. If you don't watch late night TV then you've probably missed it, but the late night "comedians" have continued going after him, which was going to make it possible for any Cruz opponent to raise money from around the country. I'm not sure how anyone believed Beta's grassroots BS about "no PAC" and "no consultants," but he ran possibly the most expensive senate campaign in American history.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.