Houston
Sponsored by

Dave Ramsey Smart Money Live Stream - Katy Area

1,369 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by trueaggie2782
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Next Thursday, Dave Ramsey will be live streaming a 3 hour course called Smart Money. In this seminar, he'll be going over the 7 baby steps to gaining financial peace. Our church will be hosting this live stream event. If you are interested, you can sign up here. The event begins at 6:45 p.m. and the cost is absolutely free. You will want to register so that we'll know how many to expect and also to print out your workbook. You are also allowed to bring drinks and snacks if you'd like. We hope to see you there.

yestoast
BYOB?

HELL YEAH, TAILGATE!
MrWonderful
AG
Not saying that Ramsey's approach doesn't work for some people...but he absolutely has / does give self-serving advice. Makes a lot of money off of the mutual funds he recommends for people
jamesf
AG
I've listened to him quite a bit, and I have never heard him recommend a mutual fund. In fact, he usually makes it a point to be very vague when it comes to which funds to invest in. He just gives a general percentage of what types of funds to invest in.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
jamesf said:

I've listened to him quite a bit, and I have never heard him recommend a mutual fund. In fact, he usually makes it a point to be very vague when it comes to which funds to invest in. He just gives a general percentage of what types of funds to invest in.
100%.
MrWonderful
AG
jamesf said:

Should have clarified. I'm not stating he recommends specific mutual funds. But his advice to use mutual funds over other available alternatives combined with the "ELP" recommendations are a little much for me personally. It's all there on his website - Baby Step 4. His asset allocations are also suspect.

He provides a service that is much needed for a lot of folks. Nothing he does is that complex for anyone who wants to spend some time googling and reading. I think he should be more transparent about his system and the other alternatives, or just be up front that he is making a ton of $ (and good for him) from it all. My $0.02 which is worth $0.00....
trueaggie2782
AG
MrWonderful said:

jamesf said:

Should have clarified. I'm not stating he recommends specific mutual funds. But his advice to use mutual funds over other available alternatives combined with the "ELP" recommendations are a little much for me personally. It's all there on his website - Baby Step 4. His asset allocations are also suspect.

He provides a service that is much needed for a lot of folks. Nothing he does is that complex for anyone who wants to spend some time googling and reading. I think he should be more transparent about his system and the other alternatives, or just be up front that he is making a ton of $ (and good for him) from it all. My $0.02 which is worth $0.00....

He's pretty up front with it if you take the course. He says that he did not figure out these steps on his own. Rather, he did research and combined the ideas of many into a single package that is accessible to anyone. $120 once in a lifetime to get out of debt and begin growing wealth is a steal for the majority of the people taking his course.

Some people (not you specifically) take issue to a person that puts in the work to make a successful business model. Dave has definitely done the work and is reaping the benefits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.