Houston
Sponsored by

Fort Bend County

2,756 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess I need to move further out...

Laugh at Beta all we want, but he just owned Harris and Ft. Bend..
TXAG 05
AG
Big cities are always owned by the Dems. Nothing new.
The Milkman
AG
NoahAg said:

I guess I need to move further out...

Laugh at Beta all we want, but he just owned Harris and Ft. Bend..
Just like Hillary did.
NoahAg
Cstrickland05 said:

Ft. Bend has been solid red for 20 years. Beta lost but his straight ticket voters wiped out nearly all the local down ballot republicans; County Judge, court justices, commissioner...
P.H. Dexippus
AG
NoahAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Ft. Bend has had been solid red for 20 years. Beta lost but his straight ticket voters and demographic changes wiped out nearly all the local down ballot republicans; County Judge, court justices, commissioner...
FIFY
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
CDUB98
AG
Missouri City
cajunaggie08
AG
Fort Bend is the most ethnically diverse county in the US. It was only a matter of time before it flipped.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Fort Bend went for Clinton by about 7 pts in 2016
BQRyno
AG
Fort Bend going to Hillary was enlightening to me. At least I already planned on moving soon anyway.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Damn shame! Moved to SL 25 years ago and as soon as our youngest gets out of A&M in 2020 I'm a batch of gone from this foreign country formerly known as Ft. Bend county.
David_Puddy
AG
I get the frustration in Fort Bend, but Harris County just said "hold my beer," chugged it, grabbed another, shot gunned that, and then removed the steering wheel and threw it out the window.
BQRyno
AG
Unfortunately Houston is finally right there with every other major metro area in the nation.
JSKolache
AG
NoahAg said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Ft. Bend has been solid red for 20 years. Beta lost but his straight ticket voters wiped out nearly all the local down ballot republicans; County Judge, court justices, commissioner...
Ft Bend broke for Hillary in 2016. Times and faces are changin. Sugar Land has changed a lot. New Territory is solid blue. Got to hit Richmond or Katy for red.
RoseRichAg01
Import the third world, become the third world.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Unincorporated Fort Bend County is still pretty red. I think my precinct was damn near 70% for Cruuuuz
OnlyForNow
AG
One area around Kendleton was solid blue, and by solid I mean like 80%.
Cromagnum
AG
Harris County is going to have fun with their new inexperienced county judge.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yeah I thought that was weird
schmellba99
AG
OnlyForNow said:

One area around Kendleton was solid blue, and by solid I mean like 80%.
Well, that's because it's Kendleton. You know the reason why.
GEA89
AG
Living in Ft Bend County for most of my life has always felt like a great place to raise a family but as the rural parts get squeezed out and more and more families move in to communities that are distinctly one ethnic group like Telfair, First Colony, etc. it was only a matter of time. Shame, but I do not plan on retiring here so I guess it will continue to slide by a couple votes when we move.
OnlyForNow
AG
I honestly bet that some folks went out and bussed all those folks to the polls.
NoahAg
GEA89 said:

Living in Ft Bend County for most of my life has always felt like a great place to raise a family but as the rural parts get squeezed out and more and more families move in to communities that are distinctly one ethnic group like Telfair, First Colony, etc. it was only a matter of time. Shame, but I do not plan on retiring here so I guess it will continue to slide by a couple votes when we move.
I'm wondering how much of it is ethnic demographic shifts and how much is migration from other states. Libs who bring their lib politics with them. There was a sweet old Russian lady trying to vote at the Cinco Ranch library... w/ her California license. I'm not sure how long she's lived here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.