Houston
Sponsored by

Mayor Buzbee?

15,480 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mucho austin
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is this not here yet?

Tony Buzbee announced his campaign to be Houston's next mayor.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/the-isiah-factor/attorney-tony-buzbee-announces-campaign-for-mayor-of-houston

Quote:

Buzbee said he wants to put Houston on the map.

"When we think about the best cities in the country, the best cities in the world, we hear about New York, Paris, London, San Francisco, even New Orleans. Houston never makes the list, yet, we have the most diverse population. We have the best place to live. We have the best restaurants. We have best people. But why are we never included in the conversation? I would respectfully suggest because of the leadership."

Buzzbee says he will not take campaign donations and will finance his entire campaign. He also said he would not take a salary
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Just so long as he rides his tank down Allen Pkwy during his victory parade
RK
AG
i'm guessing this is more of a marketing campaign than a mayoral one...

will be fun to watch if he goes through the whole process though.
CDUB98
AG
I'm just not sure about this.
Boo Weekley
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I would love to see this happen. He would be the Houston mayoral version of Donald Trump.
03_Aggie
hodgesco said:

I would love to see this happen. He would be Houston mayoral version of Donald Trump.

Yep. His tweets about sumlin last year are a perfect example.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I will reserve my decision until we hear his stance on which bathrooms the transgendered can use.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'd rather Tony back a qualified candidate rather than be the candidate.
The Wonderer
AG
03_Aggie said:

hodgesco said:

I would love to see this happen. He would be Houston mayoral version of Donald Trump.

Yep. His tweets about sumlin last year are a perfect example.
Think he could finally get Bill O'Brien fired?
Tom Hagen
AG
Quote:

When we think about the best cities in the country, the best cities in the world, we hear about New York, Paris, London, San Francisco, even New Orleans.

Those are all ****hole cities. No thanks.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Bill King was like a less wealthy and more qualified version of Buzbee. If he couldn't win, I don't see the City backing this guy either.
CDUB98
AG
All Buzbee has to do is put a D next to his name, and if he makes it out of the primaries, he's gold.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TKN_Ags said:

Just so long as he rides his tank down Allen Pkwy during his victory parade
He'll have to ask A&M to borrow it:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10/31/prominent-attorney-tony-buzbee-says-hes-running-houston-mayor/

Quote:

As for his tank?

"It is being donated to Texas A&M on November 10, the Marine Corps birthday," Buzbee said.
Tom Hagen
AG
CDUB98 said:

All Buzbee has to do is put a D next to his name, and if he makes it out of the primaries, he's gold.
The mayoral race in "non-partisan"
Post removed:
by user
Zemira
AG
Considering the past few mayors in Houston, Buzbee would be a big step up. Definitely think he would be tweeting like Trump if he got elected.

How can you not like a guy who buys a tank and then donates it to the Corps of Cadets?

He might be a bit on the eccentric side but this is Houston, not New York or Los Angeles.
Al Bula
AG
Why would any rational person want to touch the mayoral race and deal with the pension issue? It's just more proof that CoH politics is a dick measuring contest and not a position that will actually do anything. Unless buzzbee personally funds pensions.
dshedd41
S
High-profile attorney Tony Buzbee will give his WWII tank to Texas A&M
http://www.click2houston.com/news/high-profile-attorney-tony-buzbee-announces-plans-to-run-for-houston-mayor_
Gig’em Aggies!
Zemira
AG
I just saw on KTRK Channel 13 they are airing an interview with Buzbee at 10pm.

Key soundbites were that he had 5 million dollars set aside for his campaign and isn't taking donations. He also won't take a salary if elected as mayor.
MemorialTXAg
Way better than any viable current alternative.
lne2011
AG
Why elect a successful lawyer for mayor? When you could elect a young twenty-something middle eastern female, who volunteers down at the animal shelter twice a week, with a high school GED to run the city of Houston.
Zemira
AG
Well I can't find the KTRK clip online yet, but here is the one from KPRC from a few days ago.

nonameag99
Born to parents who worked as a butcher and a high school cafeteria worker, Buzbee grew up in Atlanta, Texas.

Buzbee earned a B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University. He served as a Battalion Commander in the Corps of Cadets and was named a Distinguished Naval Graduate, Distinguished Student, Outstanding NROTC Senior, and Outstanding Commander in the Corps of Cadets.[7]

Buzbee served as a Marine Corps infantry officer in the Persian Gulf and Somalia. As a Captain, Buzbee commanded the Recon Company of the First Marine Regiment. Buzbee was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal.[8]

Buzbee graduated summa cum laude from the University of Houston Law Center. He finished second in his class. Buzbee was the Managing Editor of the Houston Law Review and was the Class Captain. Buzbee was both the Texas and Regional Mock Trial Champion in 1996.[9]
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
nonameag99 said:

Born to parents who worked as a butcher and a high school cafeteria worker, Buzbee grew up in Atlanta, Texas.

Buzbee earned a B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University. He served as a Battalion Commander in the Corps of Cadets and was named a Distinguished Naval Graduate, Distinguished Student, Outstanding NROTC Senior, and Outstanding Commander in the Corps of Cadets.[7]

Buzbee served as a Marine Corps infantry officer in the Persian Gulf and Somalia. As a Captain, Buzbee commanded the Recon Company of the First Marine Regiment. Buzbee was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal.[8]

Buzbee graduated summa cum laude from the University of Houston Law Center. He finished second in his class. Buzbee was the Managing Editor of the Houston Law Review and was the Class Captain. Buzbee was both the Texas and Regional Mock Trial Champion in 1996.[9]

Plus his suit game is on point

Also Plans to donate his salary at random to one voter every year.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I hear he's promising coke in the water fountains too. High School popularity contest level unlocked.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Zemira
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I hear he's promising coke in the water fountains too. High School popularity contest level unlocked.

He has way better credentials and qualifications for leadership than the 27 year old leading the county. The city needs someone with some life and experience if we have a millennial running the county into the ground.
Panama Red
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

How much he pop your client for?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Panama Red said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

How much he pop your client for?
What kind of "coke"
cypress-ag
AG
If he donated the tank to ATM I move to fire that bad boy on touchdowns and use it to lead the players and coaches on the Aggie Walk
TXCityAggie
AG
No.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Well he can't be worse than Sylvester Turner, can he?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I will give Turner credit for backing the pension austerity measures passed by the State Leg.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.