Houston
Sponsored by

Rockets offer 4 first rounders for Butler?

3,038 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Big Cat `93
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dumb.
Ag_07
AG
"That's not a bad deal" - Jerry Jones
Al Bula
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
NBA draft is such a crap shoot. If you think he helps you win a title this year do it.
ElCheAg
AG
In Morey We Trust
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
That's a "win now" play. It's over like 5-7 years. Chris Paul and to some extent Harden won't be carrying the squad that long. Will be a rough couple of years in 2022-?
Thanks & Gig 'Em
sts7049
AG
morey's decisions recently are awful. first carmelo, now 4 first rounders for jimmy butler?

the only one worth trading 4 first rounders for is lebron.
Diggity
AG
we're paying Melo peanuts. Not too worried about that.
Gig-Em2003
AG
In theory we'd be trading away four non lottery picks. Have to figure we make the playoffs every year for the foreseeable future.
sts7049
AG
not really about the salary, more that he is just terrible.
Diggity
AG
but there's no risk. If it works, great. If not, oh well.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

In theory we'd be trading away four non lottery picks. Have to figure we make the playoffs every year for the foreseeable future.
It's kind of a weird deal. 4 1st round picks is the max you can offer and they can't all be in consecutive years, so it would be spaced out over like 7 years or something. Heard the tail end of a report getting ready for work so don't remember all the details but it's definitely not the next 4 picks in a row.
MelvinUdall
sts7049 said:

not really about the salary, more that he is just terrible.

He's a shooter, and cost you nothing.
Bondag
AG
At least Butler is 29.

Rockets gave up a lot more for an aging Barkley.
Furlock Bones
AG
listen to Tilman talk about how the Astros broke down the club to build that championship and he respects them but could never do that.

sounds like Tilman has given Morey free reign to try and win now.
Joker98
AG
They absolutely should be in "win now" mode. They were in the Western Conference Finals last year? You absolutely do that deal if you can get a caliber of player like Jimmy Butler. When is the last first round pick that we've had that has been a contributor? I'll wait. Draft picks in the NBA aren't that valuable unless they're lottery picks.

They definitely need to do something because right now they're absolutely struggling.
Aggie Athlete Involved
AG
Clint worked out, but agree. Win now!
MAS444
AG
I'm afraid they're never going to win anything with Harden as their top dog. I hope I'm wrong.
FarmerJohn
AG
Jimmy Butler was on the Bulls and that locker room broke down into a dysfunctional mess. He's now in another dysfunctional mess. I think it's fair to question bringing in a guy with that history to a team that is off to as bad of a start as the Rockets are. Add in Carmelo who was threatened by Lin-sanity and Chris Paul who will get injured at some point this year and I don't think Butler is the right piece for adversity. At least Harden appears to have matured since the 2015 quit job against the Clippers. The Rockets need some toughness. If they are pushing for a trade, someone like Tyler Johnson.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Jimmy Butler was on the Bulls and that locker room broke down into a dysfunctional mess. He's now in another dysfunctional mess. I think it's fair to question bringing in a guy with that history to a team that is off to as bad of a start as the Rockets are. Add in Carmelo who was threatened by Lin-sanity and Chris Paul who will get injured at some point this year and I don't think Butler is the right piece for adversity. At least Harden appears to have matured since the 2015 quit job against the Clippers. The Rockets need some toughness. If they are pushing for a trade, someone like Tyler Johnson.
1. When he was with Chicago, Tom Thibodeau was his coach for a majority of his career. That team imploded. Now that he's in Minnesota, Thibodeau is his coach again and that team is also in the middle of implosion. Thibs is a great (best?) assistant coach, but he has a terrible track record as the HNIC.

2. Tyler Johnson??? LMAOOOOO.
sts7049
AG
goodbye melo
Big Cat `93
AG
And thanks, rest of the NBA, for not drafting Gary Clark.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.