Houston
Sponsored by

RIP Americas/Churrascos

3,773 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by drumboy
Tom Hagen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/09-10-18-michael-david-cordua-out-churrascos-americas-new-company-restaurany-pop-up-series/

Brought in investors to expand. Investors gain majority control and push out founding chefs. I expect the existing locations are being Landryed (cut costs/reduce quality/raise prices).
Aggie09Derek
AG
Did the Churrascos brunch buffet this weekend, was great.

That being said, good for the then for going out on their own again. They have represented A&M well and I'm sure will continue to do so.
HBCanine08
AG
Damn, those distant family members just became more distant.
Flashdiaz
AG
Darn I loved America's
HtownAg92
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Darn I loved America's
and Churrascos and Amazon.

Glad that they are determined to regroup and do something new.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Amazon grill has been closed for a little while.

I'm guessing they will keep open America's or at least Churrascos.
rosco511
AG
I went to a Churrasco's recently and was very disappointed in drop in quality, menu had significantly changed from last time I had been and felt like a chain type restaurant. When I read this article this morning, I now understood why.
Diggity
AG
I loved their restaurants but the concept had definitely gotten stale. This may be a good opportunity for David to branch out, as he mentions.
DiskoTroop
Well **** this is interesting... I'm having them cater my wedding next month. We were forced to use them. They BETTER come through on quality.
testosterbone
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

Well **** this is interesting... I'm having them cater my wedding next month. We were forced to use them. They BETTER come through on quality.

Email your JCI CEO bro and have him hook the reception up with dogs, steamed buns, cheese gun, and a Delaware Punch fountain.
vansprinkle
AG
chemical toilet said:

phideaux_2003 said:

Email your JCI CEO bro and have him hook the reception up with dogs, steamed buns, cheese gun, and a Delaware Punch fountain.

Damnit, this sounds awesome.
chimpanzee
vansprinkle said:

chemical toilet said:

phideaux_2003 said:

Damnit, this sounds awesome.

Cheese fountain, chili fountain, and Delaware punch fountain.
Liquid Wrench
Cordua's now been sued by his investor/owner and is countersuing.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
chemical toilet said:

phideaux_2003 said:

Username checks out
DiskoTroop
chemical toilet said:

phideaux_2003 said:

I might if they'd steam the effin buns properly.
DavidAg02
The beef brochette at Churrascos is one of my favorite dishes in Houston. I'll be sad if I can't get that anymore.
David Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002! Whoop! Houston, TX
Tom Hagen
AG
DavidAg02 said:

The beef brochette at Churrascos is one of my favorite dishes in Houston. I'll be sad if I can't get that anymore.
You'll still be able to get it, but it will probably be a cheaper grade of meat (or bought in bulk frozen, and then thawed before grilling).
FtBendTxAg
AG
Churrascos was my first step into "finer dining" back in the 90s/early 2000s when i was in HS. We would occasionally go for homecoming, or any of those similar events HS students celebrate with their parents money and it was always the best meal of the year. It was my favorite restaurant for a very long time--almost a Houston institution. Shame what has happened over the past 5-10 years.

That Churrasco cut with the vegetable plate, the plantain chips and their tower appetizer was money.
Liquid Wrench
Seems ripe for a Landry's takeover.
Diggity
AG
Love him or hate him, Tilman tends to prefer profitable ventures.
drumboy
AG
Churrasco's has a solid happy hour. $3 Saint Arnold Ambers and free plantain chips w/ salsa but the over-enthusiastic bartender/bar manager at the Westheimer location just turns the bottle over so the tall class is half head.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.