Houston
Sponsored by

Looking for a meat market

4,839 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cheezag03
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I normally shop at Hebert's Meat Specialty but am wanting a change, does anyone have any recommendations?
TraditionsPD
AG
LaBare
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Pete's Fine Meats at Richmond/Chimney Rock
ElCheAg
AG
B & W Meat Market
AlaskanAg99
AG
Meat Masters on S Fry
aTm '99
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Lots of places in Montrose could be considered 'meat specialty' places.. check around there?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
What are you wanting to buy? Stark Bros in Cloverleaf is pretty good, but there is nothing exotic there.
TXAG 05
AG
ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

This is where I go. Old school meat market and small grocery. All kinds of stuff.
SockDePot
Cstrickland05 said:

ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

This is where I go. Old school meat market and small grocery. All kinds of stuff.

Probably will get pounced in for saying this, but unless you're getting something weird, like chicken necks or gator sausage, HEB meat dept at bunker hill is better.
BoxingAg84
You can never go wrong with Bud's House of Meats.

joerobert_pete06
AG
Hebert's has boneless while chicken stuffed with crawfish stuffing and bacon wrapped pork lion stuffed with cream cheese, I'm looking for items like this.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
starks carries similar stuff to that. they have badass boudin balls
TXAG 05
AG
SockDePot said:

Cstrickland05 said:

ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

Probably will get pounced in for saying this, but unless you're getting something weird, like chicken necks or gator sausage, HEB meat dept at bunker hill is better.

You aren't wrong, and we go to the Bunker HEB most of the time, but it isn't 5 min away like B&W.
BSD
AG
Central Market is pretty damn good.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

You can never go wrong with Bud's House of Meats.

This is where I'm going for lunch today. It looks...interesting.
BoxingAg84
I've eaten the BBQ from there several times. But you have to get it to go. There's no seating. You just walk up, order and leave.
Fall92
AG
La Michoacana. Well, maybe for pastor meet or fajitas.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ragoo
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

yep, reminds me of Granzin's back home
Marauder Blue 6
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

I've eaten the BBQ from there several times. But you have to get it to go. There's no seating. You just walk up, order and leave.
Holy crap this place was good. I've never seen a BBQ place serve such generous portions. I had the 3-meat with brisket, ribs, and sausage. All were good. I didn't even touch my baked potato. I will definitely go back.
TXAG 05
AG
Ragoo said:

Cstrickland05 said:

ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

yep, reminds me of Granzin's back home

Exactly. And that's part of why I like it.
schmellba99
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

Hebert's has boneless while chicken stuffed with crawfish stuffing and bacon wrapped pork lion stuffed with cream cheese, I'm looking for items like this.

You can get those at HEB, I have several in my freezer - make a hell of a meal.
BoxingAg84
schmellba99 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

HEB's stuffed chickens have zero taste. Totally bland. Nobody's stuffed chickens can hold a candle to Hebert's. Especially the stuffed twice baked potato chicken. As a matter of fact, Meat Masters gets their stuffed chickens from Hebert's and marks them up. I saw them in there when I picked up some beef ribs to grill for Memorial Day.
FlyFish95
White Liberals=The Worst
SockDePot said:

Cstrickland05 said:

ElCheAg said:

B & W Meat Market

Yep, HeB way better imo. The one time I went to B&W the quality and selection was very poor. I could have just gone to Foodarama. Could have just been bad luck though.
Build It
AG
I second Pete's fine meats. Great family owned business. Delivers to the gun club and they have the best Bison fillets you'll ever eat.

If you want fajitas La Michoacana is the tits.
Daytona22
AG
Agree with Pete's fine meats!
Sorrell Booke
joerobert_pete06 said:

La Boucherie has a place off 1960. Here is their website....

http://cajunmeats.com/

Thunder18
AG
Pete's Fine Meats! Great deli lunch spot too!
DiskoTroop
BoxingAg84 said:

schmellba99 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

HEB's stuffed chickens have zero taste. Totally bland. Nobody's stuffed chickens can hold a candle to Hebert's. Especially the stuffed twice baked potato chicken. As a matter of fact, Meat Masters gets their stuffed chickens from Hebert's and marks them up. I saw them in there when I picked up some beef ribs to grill for Memorial Day.

Cant speak to HEB's but they carry La Boucherie and Frenchie's stuffed chickens too.

The Frenchies Jambalaya stuffed is awesome.

But I do agree Hebert's does it best. Hit up the original store in Maurice when you get a chance... Few good items only available there... Like their Boudin, searches hot ready to eat. I don't believe it's available hot ready to eat at the Houston locations, but could be wrong.
texagpilot
AG
Herberts Dairy Ashford has boudin everyday hot and ready, along with other items and lunch specials everyday.
ElCheAg
AG
Abe's Cajun Market off 2351 and Hwy 3 (southeast side of Houston) has fantastic stuffed chicken. Better than Herbert's IMO. It is located, however, way on the other side of town.
Dr Theopolis
Second Baptist singles department
cheezag03
AG
ElCheAg said:

Abe's Cajun Market off 2351 and Hwy 3 (southeast side of Houston) has fantastic stuffed chicken. Better than Herbert's IMO. It is located, however, way on the other side of town.
that where the new soft pack coolers from yeti or rtic and a deep freeze at home comes in. Just keep your cooler in the vehicle and stock up.

When I'm going through Seabrook I stop at Rosie's and buy lbs of sashimi grade tuna and salmon

When I pass through Scott, LA, I load up on boudin.

I've made a few of my own stuffed jambalaya chickens. Just have to get your deboning down and a non-galvanized nail and twine to sew that sucker back up. It is a little work, but if you're making jambalaya you'll probably have extra. Practice makes perfect.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.