Houston
Sponsored by

Traffic to BCS

6,589 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by drumboy
Jules_Winnfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much of a nightmare will it be this Saturday ?

Will probably be leaving the heights area around noon.

FML
Texaggie7nine
If you leave before 12 you should be ok
Jackal99
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

If you leave before 12 you should be ok

Yeah, noon on Friday.
TXAG 05
AG
Take I10 to 99. 290 will be closed
Jules_Winnfield
Cstrickland05 said:

Really ! Had no idea, nothing on transtar
The Wonderer
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

TxDOT are fuggin morons for closing 290 the first weekend home game.
The Wonderer
AG
Jules_Winnfield said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Really ! Had no idea, nothing on transtar
US-290 NORTHWEST Westbound from BINGLE RD to FM-529
Lanes Affected
Total Closure
Duration
Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, September 7 to 5:00 AM, Monday, September 10
Detour
Detour to Bingle exit, continue on westbound frontage road and enter mainlanes after FM 529.
Status
Inactive
Reported By
TxDOT

Jackal99
AG
The Wonderer said:

Cstrickland05 said:

FIFY
The Wonderer
AG
Jackal99 said:

The Wonderer said:

Cstrickland05 said:

FIFY

Well, yeah
Fall92
AG
Where's FM529?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
txags11
AG
Fall92 said:

Where's FM529?

Just past the Beltway before Jones Road
David_Puddy
AG
Well keep in mind that Texas also plays at 7 on Saturday, but after last week, that stadium won't be more than half full.
Your Friend
FYI the Ags kickoff at 6
David_Puddy
AG
I know what time our game is, you weirdo. I meant Texas also has a home game.
CDUB98
AG
Glad we're going up Friday afternoon.

That's gonna suck giant balls for those who don't get the message.
DWF402
S
I you are south of 290, Beltway 8 to Clay Road to Eldridge to 290 will put you past FM 529.

If you are north of 290, Beltway 8 to West Road to 290 will do the same.
Liquid Wrench
The Wonderer said:

Cstrickland05 said:

UT is home too, that's gonna be a giant cluster.
Jackal99
AG
ChiliBeans said:

The Wonderer said:

Cstrickland05 said:

UT is home too, that's gonna be a giant cluster.
Why would a football game in Knoxville affect traffic to BCS?
Al Bula
AG
The the 290 exit ramp to Highway 6 will be the nexus of all that is evil and unholy for multiple hours on Saturday.
saber69
AG
From TXDOT :https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/media-center/local-news/houston/017-2018.html

Quote:

the following closures are necessary during the weekend of Sept. 7-10:
  • Total closure of the US 290 westbound mainlanes from Bingle to FM 529 from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10. Motorists will be detoured to take the Bingle exit, continue on the westbound frontage road and re-enter the mainlanes after FM 529. Drivers leaving the Houston area can also take I-10 West to TX-99 North to pick up US 290.
  • Total closure of the US 290 eastbound mainlanes from W. Little York to Hollister from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Motorists will be detoured to the FM 529 exit, continue on the eastbound frontage road, and re-enter the mainlanes after Hollister.
  • Total closure of the Beltway 8 north and southbound direct connectors to US 290 westbound from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10.

• Beltway 8 northbound motorists will be detoured to take the W. Little York exit, continue on the Beltway 8 northbound frontage road, turn left on the US 290 westbound frontage road and enter the US 290 mainlanes after FM 529.

• Beltway 8 southbound motorists will be detoured to take the West Road exit, continue on the Beltway 8 southbound frontage road, turn right on the US 290 westbound frontage road and enter the US 290 mainlanes after FM 529.
  • Two inside mainlanes of US 290 eastbound closed from FM 1960 to Beltway 8 from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10.
  • Total Closure of the Beltway 8 north and southbound direct connectors to US 290 eastbound from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8.

• Beltway 8 northbound motorists will be detoured to the W. Little York exit, continue on the Beltway 8 northbound frontage road, right on the US 290 eastbound frontage road and enter the US 290 mainlanes after Hollister.
    • Beltway 8 southbound motorists will be detoured to the West Road exit, continue on the Beltway 8 southbound frontage road, left on the US 290 eastbound frontage road and enter the US 290 mainlanes after Hollister.
Motorists should expect delays and are encouraged to consider alternate routes. Police officers will be on site to assist with traffic control.
To learn more about the US 290 Program or the roadway closures related to this work, please visit www.my290.com or www.houstontranstar.org.
All closures are subject to change due to inclement weather. Follow us on Twitter @my290Houston.

White Liberals=The Worst
RPM said:

The the 290 exit ramp to Highway 6 will be the nexus of all that is evil and unholy for multiple hours on Saturday.
Is there a good way to take 99 to 290 and then detour through Hempstead to bypass all the traffic? How long does 290 business run parallel to 290? I agree that intersection will be awful and bet bet is to go through Hempstead and under 290...but is there a way to do this without detouring through brookshire/fulshear?
jja79
AG
At Waller or Prairie View get off 290 and onto business 290.
Al Bula
AG
I prefer the scenic Brookshire route but I like driving through those town. But yes, exit exit exit to 290 Business.
White Liberals=The Worst
RPM said:

I prefer the scenic Brookshire route but I like driving through those town. But yes, exit exit exit to 290 Business.
Same here actually, used to take that route randomly for that reason sometimes...it just adds quite a bit of time from where we'll be coming.
David_Puddy
AG
P-Willican, yall gonna be tailgating?
Post removed:
by user
White Liberals=The Worst
David_Puddy said:

P-Willican, yall gonna be tailgating?
Yezzir...should be at big maroon tent in front of rec center. What about yall?
David_Puddy
AG
I think RV lot but trying to finalize. I'll text you
White Liberals=The Worst
David_Puddy said:

I think RV lot but trying to finalize. I'll text you
Biz Ag
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

RPM said:

Is there a good way to take 99 to 290 and then detour through Hempstead to bypass all the traffic? How long does 290 business run parallel to 290? I agree that intersection will be awful and bet bet is to go through Hempstead and under 290...but is there a way to do this without detouring through brookshire/fulshear?
You can exit 359 off 290 and work your way over to Business 290 through Hempstead itself before getting back on 6.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
this is why my big tv, couch, cheap beer, and close restroom beats this nonsense
MAS444
AG
I'll be at Spence like (almost) always in case any of my bros or hos want to meet up.
Texaggie7nine
Stankin up Penberthy as usual
7nine
Post removed:
by user
SchlepRock
AG
I live out of state, flying into Houston tomorrow, staying near the Galleria, planning on driving to CS first thing Saturday morning and spending the day tailgating. Glad I found this thread, hopefully Waze will help me figure out a creative way to get to Aggieland.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.