Houston
Sponsored by

Dog Training Rec

2,391 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HBCanine08
Earl Haffler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a recommendation for dog training? Looking for sit/stay, stop barking, drop it, etc. He is a 7 month old Maltipoo. I live in Oak Forest. Thanks.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
I hear all you have to do now-a-days is create an Instagram profile specifically for your dog and take fabulous pics of the two of you at Sunday brunch on a patio.

On a serious note..
My friends took their collie puppy to Petsmart for their training classes. Personally I'm of the belief that if you want a well behaved dog, then you've got to put the time in and patiently train and correct their behavior. Call me old school (I'm under 30) but I've always found a punitive system of identifying what they did wrong followed by a brief swat of the hand or two on their rear works the best. *gasp*

And obviously having small thumbnail sized training treats around your house to reward them for good behavior.
BBRex
AG
Peace, Love and Dogs
Joan Wilder
AG
We took our puppy to Pet smart off Taylor abd I10, and he learned all those basics. We worked on the commands during the week between lessons and he picked it all up really quickly. They also did a good job teaching us better ways to react/not react when he misbehaved that helped a lot.
MrJonMan
AG
Man's Best friend. Used them for multiple dogs
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
MrWonderful
AG
Shoot I live in the area. Bring him over! Obedience training a dog is not on the list of things you should pay for. They would take a bullet for you, it's not hard to teach them to do the things you want
Texas A&M
We used Man's Best Friend. We loved our trainer, and he went out on his own.

Malcolm Grant
My Perfect K9
http://myperfectk9.wixsite.com/mpk9
94chem
Visit a couple of buffets in Sharpstown. Dog will begin to get the idea.
cena05
AG
Texas Dogfather out in Katy is great.
AJ02
AG
Peace Love Dogs or Cat's Canine Academy
BQZIP91
AG
Contact Al Longoria with Longoriahaus Dog Training. He is a fellow Ag. 281 nine seven 8 six nine five six.
Cibalo
we did the puppy training classes at Petco and then took our dogs to https://www.unstoppablek9stx.com/ for more advanced training.

What i like about them is they they tell you what they are going to accomplish and if it takes longer then they do it at no additional cost. Also if you train your dog with them and then board the dog later on they will do free re-enforcement training
David_Puddy
AG
I thought all designer dogs automatically came trained when you picked them up from the breeder?
Engine10
AG
Give Stacy Abbott a call. We're in the energy corridor but she'll go anywhere. She's helped tremendously with our collie and lacy - focuses on each dogs specific needs and isn't that expensive for home sessions, works off of referrals mostly. Worth it!

425-445-7740
https://www.nsdogtraining.com/about-me
HBCanine08
AG
Texas A&M said:

We used Man's Best Friend. We loved our trainer, and he went out on his own.

Malcolm Grant
My Perfect K9
http://myperfectk9.wixsite.com/mpk9
I know another dog trainer at MBF who was trained by him and she always commented on how great Malcolm is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.