Houston
Sponsored by

Excellent Neurologist?

2,499 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gindaloon
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm having dizziness/ equilibrium problems after being sedated 2.5 weeks ago. I was under for four days. Its wrecking my life, I cant go back to work, and about all I can do is sit in a recliner all day. I'm losing weight because my jittery feeling has me not feeling like eating and trying to figure out what to eat three times a day is work in itself. Ive gone from 256 to 232 in under a month. Ive got some reserves but a hard attempt to control it hasn't worked. Any recommendations for a top end neurologist? Houston/ Temple/ Waco? Maybe someone that has experience dealing with "brain fog" after anesthesia? Thanks a bunch!
shihitemuslim
AG
I would see Jos Diaz, Ankit Patel, or Paul gill
Zemira
AG
Paul Gill is my neurologist and he's great for I see him for! He's in Cypress.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Sorry, all I know are simply above average.
chansonjr
AG
When I got GBS last year I saw Dr. Lai at Houston Methodist. I really liked him. Hope this helps
Texaggie7nine
Do you have vertigo like symptoms when you tilt your head?

Just asking because I suffer from positional vertigo often and it's an inner ear issue.
7nine
WorthAg95
AG
Med Center- Dr Roman at Methodist, maybe Ondo
Cypress- Paul Gill is young, very bright
SockDePot
Texaggie7nine said:

Do you have vertigo like symptoms when you tilt your head?

Just asking because I suffer from positional vertigo often and it's an inner ear issue.

This. Guy I work with had/has a calcification that grows in his inner ear and has these symptoms.

Texaggie7nine
I mainly asked because he says he was out for a few days, and that could cause inner ear crystals to become displaced. That is the usual cause of positional vertigo.
7nine
CS78
Texaggie7nine said:

I mainly asked because he says he was out for a few days, and that could cause inner ear crystals to become displaced. That is the usual cause of positional vertigo.

I'm seeing an ENT at Scott & White in Temple that specializes in dizziness. Supposed to go in for an extensive inner ear test but won't be able to see the doctor/ have the test read until 9/10. Most people that positional vertigo it gets worse when they lay down and look up. For me, laying down and looking up actually makes my symptoms get better.
Texaggie7nine
The biggest tale tale sign of it is that when you get most dizzy, does the room actually spin in your eyes, and are your eyes rapidly twitching back and forth. It would take someone observing you to see this.

Though I'm sure there are many other things that can go wrong with the inner ear that can cause regular dizziness and nausea so I would say you are probably doing the right thing by seeking help from an ENT first.

If your symptoms are really causing your life to go on hold, and you can't get the ENT doc to see you for a week or more, I would definitely look into going as far away as I had to to see a ENT doc within the next day or so. Have someone drive you to Houston if need be.
7nine
CS78
Have an appointment with Dr Gill in Cypress for next week.

Doing Dizzy testing in Temple in the morning. I don't have full blown spinning. I feel drunk when I walk. Heavy in the feet, mild dizziness. Goes away when I lay down. Comes right back after a few steps.
Texaggie7nine
Find out anything?
7nine
88jrt06
Ags_2002
AG
2nd Dr Roman at Methodist
gindaloon
AG
Marijuana, it cures everything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.