Houston
Sponsored by

Granite Countertops Recommendations

1,875 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by htxag09
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi all,

Replacing countertops in our kitchen and master bath - looking to go pretty cheap.

We have about 88 SQFT between the kitchen, counters, master bath, and wet bar.

I realize this will mean we need to use 2 slabs - anyways, we know which type of granite we want (Level 1, cheaper).

In these areas we will have to have cutouts for:
1x ceramic cooktop downdraft stovetop
1x kitchen sink
2x minor sinks (utility room and wet bar)
2x bathroom sinks (master)

Ideally, all sinks would be undermount.

Anyways, I can install the sinks and plumbing myself, so I'm looking for a good but fairly priced installer in the NW Area (near Klein HS, south of Tomball).

I've asked around a couple of places and they were certainly cheaper than the box stores - but I still think I can do better. (1 guy wanted $6,100 for all installed plus all sinks installed; the other wanted $5,100 but I had to buy and install 4 of the sinks myself.) - maybe these are good prices and I should just stop, but I have a little time to make the best choice. - These prices also included the subway tile backsplash.

Any recos?
OlArmyWalton92
AG
Cornelius Contracting

https://www.corneliuscontracting.com/

Office: 281-378-7696
SpreadsheetAg
AG
OlArmyWalton92 said:

Cornelius Contracting

https://www.corneliuscontracting.com/

Office: 281-378-7696
Thanks,

Are they reasonably priced? Have you used them personally?

Everything about their website screams I am not the client they are looking to do estimates for.
Ags #1
AG
Not sure if granite and cheap are a possible combination but good luck in your search
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ags #1 said:

Not sure if granite and cheap are a possible combination but good luck in your search
There are typically 4 levels of Granite - 1 = Cheaper; 4 = high-end... I want the 1
htxag09
AG
Can't hurt to email them. For reference, you should be looking at $30/sq ft for level 1 granite installed, that should include the sinks. $30/sq foot will be the low end for level 1 granite and $45/sq ft will be the low end for entry quartz. Never used them, but floor and decor was around those prices.
OlArmyWalton92
AG
Quote:

Thanks,

Are they reasonably priced? Have you used them personally?

Everything about their website screams I am not the client they are looking to do estimates for.
They've done hundreds of countertops for me. I've used them since they did only tile and the owner was one of the installers. They have earned the trust I have in them. It wouldn't hurt to call them to see if they're right for you.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Will do; thanks again
StillNotAnAggie
Try LM Tile at the corner of Cypresswood and 45, talk to Leslie, she can get the granite and then has installers that can come do the work.

We did our kitchen updates through her and the prices were good, we went with quartz so I have no price comparison.
03_Aggie
Depending on how much effort you want to put in...you can go pick your own and ask them for contractor recs. Would cut out the middle man:

http://www.expostones.com
Vgrainger
AG
Hello. We can do all of this work turnkey for you for a reasonable price. I'd like to come out and look at the project if possible. We have done a lot of work for TexAgs users. Feel free to check out our work on Facebook. Envision Renovations. Give us a call at 7134253799. Thanks, Vince Grainger, Class of '08.
94chem
You can get level 0.5. No charge for extra Radon.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
94chem said:

I have no idea what this means
Cibalo
we used these guys a few months ago to to redo the kitchen for the in-laws.

http://www.simplysolidsurface.com

they were able to come in fast and do a good job. they left the place a little messy but nothing bad. it came with a free under mount sink as well. I left the new faucet I wanted to install and they used it to cut the right holes for the install. Overall it was pretty cheap and was done in 4 days from the time I placed the order.

the only issue is that behind the oven there needed to be a piece about 24" long and about 1.5" wide. They cut and put the piece in but you can feel the seam where they didn't get it level.

but if I was doing a budget build again I would use them

gougler08
AG
Vgrainger said:

Hello. We can do all of this work turnkey for you for a reasonable price. I'd like to come out and look at the project if possible. We have done a lot of work for TexAgs users. Feel free to check out our work on Facebook. Envision Renovations. Give us a call at 7134253799. Thanks, Vince Grainger, Class of '08.
I'll 2nd Vince and his team, did great work (and on time) at our townhome prior to us selling and was significantly cheaper than other quotes we had
94chem
SpreadsheetAg said:

94chem said:

I have no idea what this means

Radon in granite
SpreadsheetAg
AG
thanks
Diggity
AG
these guys do great work
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Vince, I called your office
VictoryLapAg
AG
We have used Texas Custom Granite in the past and have been pleased with them.

https://texascustomgranite.com/

Good luck!
htxag09
AG
Any update on who you went with, price, etc.?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.