Houston
Sponsored by

best hotel pool(rooftop?) in downtown area Houston?

9,682 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Diggity
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wanting to get a sitter and take the wife for a night. I looked into the big ass Texas sized pool but spending 400 bucks for a night isnt really what im looking for.

any tips?
Sazerac
AG
Magnolia is $143
Allesandro is $160

hotel tonight for saturday. both have rooftop pools....but they aren't marriott marquise
TX04Aggie
AG
no rooftop pool, but a fun rooftop bar at the new Le Meridien downtown. makes for a nice night cap as the sun goes down and it cools a little.
Diggity
AG
The pool at Allesandra is pretty forgettable.
Petrino1
Aloft downtown has a rooftop pool and is a little cheaper on the budget. However, I think it gets pretty ghetto on Sundays.
gigemJTH12
AG
ea1060 said:

Aloft downtown has a rooftop pool and is a little cheaper on the budget. However, I think it gets pretty ghetto on Sundays.
oh my god I just looked at all the "checked into" posts on instagram for there...

pretty ghetto is a severe understatement
Diggity
AG
the Yelp reviews are pretty interesting as well.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Golden Nugget.
agfan2332
Ready for another baby I see
TXAG 05
AG
Am I the only one who read the title of the thread as hotel poop instead of pool? For a second I thought he was looking for the best place to release the kraken.
Al Bula
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Am I the only one who read the title of the thread as hotel poop instead of pool? For a second I thought he was looking for the best place to release the kraken.
no you're not the only one
Al Bula
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

ea1060 said:

oh my god I just looked at all the "checked into" posts on instagram for there...

dear god wtf?!
Bondag
AG
ea1060 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Bkl8Os1H31r
gigemJTH12
AG
agfan2332 said:

Ready for another baby I see

Haha gotta get #1 to sleep a little better before that's even a consideration
Texaggie7nine
ea1060 said:

That's a shame. We stayed there right after it opened for the A&M bowl game vs K state. It was really cheap compared to everything else, and really nice.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
What is on top of the Hilton Americas? Is that private access only? Or is there a bar or something up there?
7nine
MAS444
AG
A big pool, bar and restaurant. The pool is nice, but indoors. They also have a small gym/spa up there. I used to workout and swim there when I worked downtown. Was pretty nice (but again, small) and no one seemed to know about it. This was years ago, though.
SockDePot
cclearman said:

Magnolia is $143
Allesandro is $160

Stayed at the magnolia years ago, and they closed the pool at 9 or 10. I'd ask hours of the pool if you're considering.
Texaggie7nine
MAS444 said:

A big pool, bar and restaurant. The pool is nice, but indoors. They also have a small gym/spa up there. I used to workout and swim there when I worked downtown. Was pretty nice (but again, small) and no one seemed to know about it. This was years ago, though.
Is there an outside patio area? It looks like there is a big open area up there.
7nine
RK
AG
Yea. You have to walk from the bar, through the pool room to get to it. Whatever used to be up there closed down a while back but may be open as something new now. Haven't been over in a while.
Al Bula
AG
I guess four seasons and Hyatt are out too? They have roofish pools but the Hyatt sucks ass. All you can see is brick.
The Milkman
AG
RPM said:

gigemJTH12 said:

ea1060 said:

dear god wtf?!
https://instagr.am/p/BkyaO_elCKH

https://instagr.am/p/Bkx26PSHyGC

https://instagr.am/p/Bkx1f0IHEBl

You telling me you dont want to take the wife on a nice little romantic getaway here?
MAS444
AG
Looks like fun!
jetch17
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
This weekend is going to be pricey because the AP teachers convention is in town at GRB. Next weekend would probably be cheaper.
HtownAg92
AG
I was going to suggest the San Luis, but saw your $$ comment about the Marquis. SL is $499 for Saturday, but $250 for Sunday.
chimpanzee
Mrs Chimp has been looking for a venue to show off her back tattoo, thanks!
Win At Life
AG
Here's a little known H-town rooftop experience. Go to the old Gulf building at 712 Main ( now owned by Chase). Take the elevators in the tower on the Main side to the top. Go into the West stairwell and walk up to the roof level. The door to the roof is locked, but you can push the casement window out and reach out and turn the handle from the outside to open the door. Pretty cool views. Was like that when I worked there in the 90's and still could do it when I went back to check a few years ago just for old times sake. Check and report back. But not too many or you'll spoil it if everybody knows; kinda like Marfreless.
E
AG
Aloft Downtown checkins on Instagram are the new Laredo Heat.... Amazing!
Al Bula
AG
It's easy to go down a rabbit hole by looking at the Instagram lives of all the people who go to Aloft. the google reviews are a blast too.

Bondag
AG
Any autograph seekers show up?

https://instagr.am/p/Bk0iwJKhf_N
TX04Aggie
AG
These Aloft instagram check ins... wow. I just think of a bad UTI getting in that pool...
BohunkAg
AG
I took the kids to an Astros game a couple weeks ago and we stayed at the magnolia. We went to the lap pool which is what the rooftop pool is on a Saturday night and some guy lit up a joint up there.
BMX Bandit
A marijuana cigarette??

/pearls clutched
gigemJTH12
AG
I think I have decided to book the Houstonian.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.