Houston
Sponsored by

Total Wine in Sugarland

2,571 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FlyFish95
GrayMatter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to give you a heads up. I saw that a Total Wine & More is opening in Sugarland today.

They have all kinds of tastings going on. It's a good place to get some beer for a good price.

Here's a coupon they emailed me to get some food/accessories, whatever that means.
bularry
good place to buy beer, generally.

lots and lots of awful wine on those shelves, but a few gems inter mingled
Diggity
AG
they really do overwhelm you their in-house crap.
JustPanda
AG
Their prices on Perrier Jouet, The Calling, and Isosceles are great.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
So are their prices on liquor. I've seen bourbon between $4-$8 less than Specs.
Liquid Wrench
sixbarag said:

So are their prices on liquor. I've seen bourbon between $4-$8 less than Specs.
Now I'm interested.
StEdsCOOG
First time I stepped in one was last Saturday at the Memorial/Gessner location. I was looking at bourbons and whiskeys and an employee kept pushing Total Wine exclusives without me asking for any recommendations. Also saw a store manager punch a customer about 6-7 times. Different experience to say the least.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Also saw a store manager punch a customer about 6-7 times.
Do what now?
Sazerac
AG
Total Wine is great. The sugar land location doesnt have quite the same selection as memorial though. But it was just the second say so maybe they don't have all the inventory yet.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I don't even step into a Specs anymore since the one opened in tanglewood. I also feel like their prices are lower than specs and will continue to exclusively go there until they inevitably even out
StEdsCOOG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do what now?
Two customers were asked to show their ID's at checkout. Apparently the male made a comment to the cashier and said something to the manager when he came over. I was about 30 feet away and never heard a commotion until another employee told the manager to walk away. I look over just in time to see the two face to face and then the manager threw three haymakers, connecting on two to the jaw that the guy took like a champ. The customer blocked the 3rd and when he put his hands down the manager threw a few more. The customer never fought back and a few employees stepped in to break it up and the couple went outside. The lady returned to get some information and was laughing with employees while chatting. I go to leave 30 minutes later and the guy is outside laughing it up with the fire truck crew that showed up when someone called the cops. I was stunned when it happened. That manager gave me some tastings about 15 minutes before this happened and he seemed like a nice guy. Not sure what the customer could've said to warrant that kind of reaction.
Liquid Wrench
Wow.

I hope the manager got fired for hitting like a girl.
Flashdiaz
AG
Low prices and free entertainment! I guess that's the more in Total Wine and More.
Ragoo
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do what now?
Two customers were asked to show their ID's at checkout. Apparently the male made a comment to the cashier and said something to the manager when he came over. I was about 30 feet away and never heard a commotion until another employee told the manager to walk away. I look over just in time to see the two face to face and then the manager threw three haymakers, connecting on two to the jaw that the guy took like a champ. The customer blocked the 3rd and when he put his hands down the manager threw a few more. The customer never fought back and a few employees stepped in to break it up and the couple went outside. The lady returned to get some information and was laughing with employees while chatting. I go to leave 30 minutes later and the guy is outside laughing it up with the fire truck crew that showed up when someone called the cops. I was stunned when it happened. That manager gave me some tastings about 15 minutes before this happened and he seemed like a nice guy. Not sure what the customer could've said to warrant that kind of reaction.
you spent minimum 45 minutes in the liquor store?
JSKolache
AG
Ragoo said:

StEdsCOOG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do what now?
2 or 3 mins looking in each aisle - this can happen easily. Hell the TW in Richmond opened in a former Sports Authority store, it is MASSIVE. Haven't been to Specs in over a year.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ragoo said:

StEdsCOOG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do what now?

You don't?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I've been out of town and haven't gotten to stop by the Sugar Land location yet but plan to visit frequently since I live down the street. How does this store's size and selection compare to others in the Houston area?
GrayMatter
AG
I can easily spend 30 mins just looking at everything they sell. If tastings are involved, I could be there for a whole hour!
Sazerac
AG
as I mentioned, for at least the things I go for (bourbon/rye, vodka, random beers) it has less options
malenurse
AG
As Kolache mentioned, the one in Richmond (really closer to Katy) is huge. I go there to pick up one or two things and rarely spend less than 45 minutes.

They also have a very large tasting room which can be rented for private parties.

The only downside is their cigar selection is less than desirable. Especially considering the size of the rest of the store.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Mustang1
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

I've been out of town and haven't gotten to stop by the Sugar Land location yet but plan to visit frequently since I live down the street. How does this store's size and selection compare to others in the Houston area?
It's similar to Galleria store.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Stopped by last night. Very impressed. Looks like I don't have to go to Specs anymore.
FlyFish95
StEdsCOOG said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do what now?
He was triggered, duh!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.