Houston
Sponsored by

High Rise fire at Dunlavy & W. Main?

1,979 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88jrt06
camelclub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard fire engine go by around 9pm tonight. Looked on HFD Active incidents site and it said a 2 alarm fire "high rise on fire" at that intersection. Would that be the apartments across from the Montrose HEB? Anyone have any update?
Ronnie Mund
the susanne?
AngelAg
My friend was on the top floor and lost everything. I believe it was on the roof.
88jrt06
AG
Any news on the cause?
Ate nearby earlier in the evening...
htownag10
AG
AC unit caught fire on the roof. Fire extended into the unit below it. Most of everyone who had damage was just water damage or smoke odor. They put it out fairly quickly.

Calling a second alarm is standard for us on a high rise fire when fire is visible so it wasn't the type of 211 fire you'd see on an apartment fire where the whole building is burning
Diggity
AG
It was a Chinese lantern
rosco511
AG
I heard from a resident at the apartment that fire was caused by individuals launching sky lanterns from the roof of parking garage, and at least one landed on roof of apartment causing the fire.
htownag10
AG
Ah ok. Last I heard from some guys at the fire they thought it was the AC unit but that was early speculation
88jrt06
AG
rosco511 said:

I heard from a resident at the apartment that fire was caused by individuals launching sky lanterns from the roof of parking garage, and at least one landed on roof of apartment causing the fire.
Don't ever change, Montrose....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.