Houston
Sponsored by

Gameday Bus to College Station

2,976 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TXAG 05
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Facebook Group - please join if you are interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoodlandsAggieBus/

Would any of you have any interest in taking a gameday bus from somewhere in the Houston are to College Station for A&M football games? I'm considering arranging one and am curious if there is enough interest to make it an economical option. In general, it looks like the cost per person would be around $40 round-trip if we were able find 35-50 people.
the4aces
AG
In for 2
LostInLA07
AG
Are you interested in every game or only certain games?
LostInLA07
AG
Here are current seat counts per game. If we could possibly fill up the bus for games like Clemson and LSU I could use the extra $ from those games to still run the bus during lower demand games. No one has paid yet...once we get commitments into the 20s and there is still time left to possibly get to 40 I think it will be time to start taking payments and then I'll book the charter.

NW St- 4
Clemson- 8
ULM- 4
Kentucky- 10
Ole Miss- 6
UAB- 4
LSU- 8
07ag
AG
where's the pickup point?
LostInLA07
AG
Initial plan was for The Woodlands / Tomball area. Evaluating whether it would work to add a first stop somewhere more central and then a pickup point further north around The Woodlands en route to College Station to increase demand.
drumboy
AG
I'd probably be in for 2 for the Clemson game if there's a meetup point south of Dallas.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
PlanoAg98
AG
You have a Facebook page and a Facebook group created and listed across your 3 posts on TexAgs. I recommend deleting the Facebook page and posting the Facebook group link at the top of all 3 links asking Houston area Aggies to join the page and invite all the Houston area Aggie friends to join the Facebook group. A regular Facebook page won't help the communication spread as well as a Facebook group will. I assume you're already reached out to every Houston area A&M alumni club asking them to promote the Facebook group.

Also, I would move the pick up place to central Houston. There are a lot more Aggies in central Houston than there are in The Woodlands. Also in central Houston, you'd pull from the north (Woodlands, Spring), west (Katy, Sugarland), east (Baytown), and south (Pearland). All those areas are about 30 minutes from central Houston.

The Dallas group that does this (https://www.facebook.com/groups/DABCTAMAE/) curently has 791 members. We meet in central Dallas and pull riders from Fort Worth, Corsicana, Denton, etc. We just recently sold out our Clemson trip bus and only have 34 for NW State. The other games have very few as people just don't RSVP too far in advance. Our RSVP #s are those that have sent money via PayPal already.

I would recommend not even trying it for our non-conference games. The only reason we are doing it for NW State is it's Jimbo's first game and it's a Thursday night game. In the past even with our #s, I had a hard time filling the bus for non-conference games. I started promoting our bus schedule at the beginning of June and bump each of the 3 TexAgs threads about once per week.

Northwestern State - 34 of 56
Clemson - 56 of 56
Kentucky - 12 of 56
Ole Miss - 14 of 56
LSU - 12 of 56

LostInLA07
AG
I'd be fine working out a stop that is more central if that's feasible but it wouldn't really benefit me to have only a central stop and not a pickup in The Woodlands area so someone else will have to work to have a central Houston bus (I could pretty much be in College Station by the time I got to Central Houston, despite the undisputed fact that the drive time from The Woodlands to Downtown is 30 minutes door to desk)
mlw9
AG
mlw9
AG
runontexas
AG
Don't have Facebook
TXAG 05
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I'd be fine working out a stop that is more central if that's feasible but it wouldn't really benefit me to have only a central stop and not a pickup in The Woodlands area so someone else will have to work to have a central Houston bus (I could pretty much be in College Station by the time I got to Central Houston, despite the undisputed fact that the drive time from The Woodlands to Downtown is 30 minutes door to desk)

Move out of the sticks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.