Houston
Sponsored by

Broadway at the Hobby Center

1,072 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyForNow
Clavell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have season (or 7 show) subscriptions? Retiring at year end and looking for entertainment options as will have more time.

How does it work? Are they set seats? Do new subscriptions get bad seats and have to improve over time?

What is real benefit of getting subscription over just getting them through ticketmaster/stubhub? Is there a big difference in seat selection and costs?

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I have been a season ticket holder in the past.

You get to select your seat ahead of the single show sales so you get better seat options, you select the day you want that applies to each show. ie 2nd Tuesday, Wednesday ect. Then if you cannot make that night, Hobby Center will trade you nights. You get pre-sale info for events at HC. It is cheaper than buying from the 3rd party locations and I believe cheaper than single shows.
Clavell
AG
Thanks
YellAg2004
AG
As FWA said, they're set seats based on the day you pick. People renewing their seats get to keep (or upgrade) their seats, so you'll get to pick from what is left available after the renewals are complete, but before the single show tickets go on sale.

If you get tickets and want to renew next year, you'll have the opportunity to change your seats, change your day, add or remove seats, etc. The interface is similar to what is used for A&M football tickets in that you can pick your exact seat(s).

Another perk, if you get the seats that are designated "premium" (I think the lower level and the first few rows of the mezzanine), you'll get a voucher for parking in one of the theater district garages each show as well as a drink ticket for each seat for each show that can be used at the bars in the Hobby Center.
YellAg2004
AG
The plus side is that you'll get tickets to every show, and you won't have to pay mark-up on the secondary market (Hamilton tickets this past year were going for a stupid amount on the secondary market).

The down side is that you'll get tickets to every show. There are typically 5-6 shows that we really want to see each year and then a few shows that we couldn't care less for. This past season was extra bad (IMO) since they had Hamilton. I think they knew they didn't have to bring in a bunch of good shows since people would buy anyway just to get Hamilton tickets.
Clavell
AG
Called to get season tickets, but was told only single seat tickets were available. Had no two seats together. Would have had to buy the seats not together and try and to exchange seats that were together for each show. Never mind. I'll pay double for the 2-3 I want to see on secondary market.
OnlyForNow
AG
Gotta start earlier in the pre-season process my man.

Also, wife and I dropped ours and got OPAS tickets.

It's further of a drive, but similar or the same shows, and less of a headache driving.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.