Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Open

35,992 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by htxag09
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to the RSM Classic in St Simons Georgia in 2018 and their is basically no parking at all there. Everyone has to park off site and shuttle in; that being said it was very well done and tons of shuttles running so was very efficient. Wouldn't houston do something similar?
Gig-Em2003
AG
Yes that is what they would do. Giles Kibbe said it won't be an issue. Nearly all PGA events have horrible parking situations too.
htxag09
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Yes that is what they would do. Giles Kibbe said it won't be an issue. Nearly all PGA events have horrible parking situations too.

Yeah, no golf course is going to do what's necessary to accommodate thousands of patrons for one week a year
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I always thought Wildcat would work if they could work out a deal to park across the road at Texas Brine, but no one at the open ever returned my emails.
Chewy
AG
So are all the Pros getting smashed at Becks Prime after they finish their 18 like regular folk?
CFTXAG10
AG
htxag09 said:

Gig-Em2003 said:

Yeah, no golf course is going to do what's necessary to accommodate thousands of patrons for one week a year
This. Parking is going to look A LOT different next year. They allowed all the volunteers to park on-site in three different lots. They were then shuttled in on carts. Early word is that those lots will turn into paid parking for spectators. One of the bigger issues/complaints of the week was signage. Both on the course and in the parking lot areas. Trust me, those responsible heard about it all week. It will get better.
David_Puddy
AG
I went on Thursday and yesterday and I must eat crow and say that I was thoroughly impressed. What they did to that course in the short amount of time was pretty remarkable. Will be a lot different next year with a full gallery, but it was easy to be able to follow some of the top guys. Definitely impressed by the field this year......maybe Tiger will decide to play it one year.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

So are all the Pros getting smashed at Becks Prime after they finish their 18 like regular folk?
negative, post tourney party was at Potente every night last week with Jimmy C.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Good running into you bro!! It was a great time and really liked the layout and pavilions.
David_Puddy
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Good running into you bro!! It was a great time and really liked the layout and pavilions.

Yes indeed amigo!
TXAG 05
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I went to the RSM Classic in St Simons Georgia in 2018 and their is basically no parking at all there. Everyone has to park off site and shuttle in; that being said it was very well done and tons of shuttles running so was very efficient. Wouldn't houston do something similar?

Was at the US Open at Pinehurst a couple years ago and it was the same. Parked in a big field and got on a bus. Surprisingly efficient.
Jock 07
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Was at the US Open at Pinehurst a couple years ago and it was the same. Parked in a big field and got on a bus. Surprisingly efficient.

Isn't that how most every tournament does it? Every tournament I've been to they bus folks in.
Ag_07
AG
I would think they'd bus fans in from Delmar/NW Mall and NRG.

Just seems too logical.
htxag09
AG
Think of all the park and rides they have for rodeo. Another easy one is the meyerland park and ride just inside the sw corner of 610.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.