Houston
Sponsored by

Shoulder pain

1,286 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieDoc2002
BubbleBoyB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for somewhere to go in Houston (Galleria) or Katy to cure my shoulders. Its uncomfortable to sleep and they are constantly bothering me.

Some background: I think its from heavier lifting with bad form in the past. Pain in both shoulders is on the front side. If I roll my arm around there is lots of little popping.

Any advice is great. Thank in advance.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Check out joint force. That helped my shoulder issue. Same thing. Heavy weight bad form.
agcivengineer
AG
Post on health and fitness forum.
Ragoo
AG
Rest, stretch, etc. Probably just inflamed muscle. Had the same issue and still flares up but I know to rest or dial back the weight.
randy828
AG
Might check this thread

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2938035/replies/51403825
Memorial Hermann Ironman
malenurse
AG
If you live in the tine, you should call HFD for immediate transport to the nearest ER.

At least, that's what most of my patients do.

Oh, and then ask for a cab voucher to get you back home.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
AggieT
AG
Jeremie Peterson if you want a chiro. He evaluated and gave me rehab excercises that I did for ~ 2 months. I've been pain free ever since.
David_Puddy
AG
BubbleBoyB said:

Looking for somewhere to go in Houston (Galleria) or Katy to cure my shoulders. Its uncomfortable to sleep and they are constantly bothering me.

Some background: I think its from heavier lifting with bad form in the past. Pain in both shoulders is on the front side. If I roll my arm around there is lots of little popping.

Any advice is great. Thank in advance.

Had this going on for about 2 years. Uncomfortable to sleep, move my arm/shoulder in certain positions, etc and I had pain in both shoulders on the front side as well. Mine was due to impingement syndrome, where I had 2 tendons rubbing up against each other. It can come from bad form lifting, but due to trial and error I figured out mine came from bad posture sitting at a desk all day (and chair at my old company that caused it). I bought one of those Aeron chairs and it makes a world of difference. That and making sure that when I go in the gym, I hang from the pull up bars for about 20 seconds to get good and stretched out. Not saying this will be your diagnosis, but I know several folks that have had the same problem and these are the things that fixed it for me.
BubbleBoyB
AG
Thanks a lot for the help guys. Got some options here. It seems I'm not the only one that's had enough
Aggie09Derek
AG
I ended up getting another shot in my shoulder and its helped a good amount - probably 80% of the pain is gone now. This was my 3rd time doing shots. Dr thinks it just severe bicep tendonitis, hopefully, that's all it is.
MouthBQ98
AG
I have had an impingement and other issues before. Some initial work with a good chiro and time going light on the shoulders and slowly rebuilding strength while doing stretches and therapy exercises religiously fixed it.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
BubbleBoyB
AG
David_Puddy
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I have had an impingement and other issues before. Some initial work with a good chiro and time going light on the shoulders and slowly rebuilding strength while doing stretches and therapy exercises religiously fixed it.

Oh yeah.....I was going to a sports massage therapist once a week for about 3 months. That certainly helped
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Can we give them a cab voucher to and from the hospital? We can teach the cabbies how to perform vitals.
AggieDoc2002
AG
malenurse said:

If you live in the tine, you should call HFD for immediate transport to the nearest ER.

At least, that's what most of my patients do.

Oh, and then ask for a cab voucher to get you back home.

Sounds about right
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.