Houston
Sponsored by

Oil & Gas Industry-Side Advice

2 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by malenurse
gigemags2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking to get in at a Houston O&G company as a business analyst. Open to any size company in any sector, but would prefer a smaller shop.

I graduated in 2016 (from A&M) with a degree in Supply Chain Management and have spent the last two years in management consulting. I've spent most of my time in consulting analyzing large amounts of data using Excel and other BI tools, developing recommendations based off the findings, and presenting to management and C-level execs.

Note: Also posted on Job Network board but thought I'd also post here in case any of you folks are able to offer any insight or advice.
lostrg
Don't go into O&G. They'll **** you
ccolley68
AG
Damn millenials, graduate in 2016 and immediately do management consulting. Do that for about 15 minutes and now going to message Board your way into an analyst job in O&G. Why not just knock on the door at Exxon and see if they have any executive officer positions available.
Jack Cheese
AG
ccolley68 said:

Damn millenials, graduate in 2016 and immediately do management consulting. Do that for about 15 minutes and now going to message Board your way into an analyst job in O&G. Why not just knock on the door at Exxon and see if they have any executive officer positions available.

You sound bitter
Bob Kelso
AG
Funny. I'm trying to get out of O&G. Things aren't the way they used to be.
gigemags2016
ccolley68 said:

Can I put you down as a reference?
malenurse
AG
gigemags2016 said:

ccolley68 said:

Can I put you down as a reference?
He may be a millennial. But, he's got a sense of humor and sharp wit. Hire 'em!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.