Houston
Sponsored by

What's the going rate for Electric?

9,644 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nomadic_ag
Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have that same plan currently, but I just got my renewal notice. Their current plans are not nearly as favorable.
A&M Chopper
AG
Griddy. Summer might not be the best time to jump on board but historically paying real time prices has come in lower than even the best rates offered on power to choose (other than those few that have locked in sub 8 cent prices on those legacy 24 month fixed price deals). I made the switch a month ago. Mostly an experiment but it's nice to have some easy access to both the market and your usage data.
mm98
AG
THats why I always try to renew only in fall or spring.
aTm2004
AG
stevopike said:

any Our Energy promo/referral codes?
Not sure of any, but I set up service with them this morning after seeing them on here and then hearing my FIL state that's who he uses. I've been looking for the past couple of weeks for a provider and their plan seems to be the most straight forward with a reasonable rate, at least in our area. There's no "if you use between this and this, you'll get a credit" type thing. It's a flat rate from this to this and then the typical TDU charges. Doing the math at different energy uses with several plans/providers, this looks to be the best for us right now considering we're moving into a new house and the sellers haven't gotten me the usage that I've asked for. Next year, I'll have a better idea of our usage and could probably find a better plan.
BSD
AG
So what's the best plan these days in Houston? My contract with gexa ended so they put me on a month to month plan which doubled my bill. **** them.

I use 2000-3000 kWh from June to November and between 1000-2000 the rest of the year.

Also, what contract length is ideal at this time?
Whoop Delecto
AG
BSD
AG
Should I go with a short term plan and hope for better rate offerings in the spring?
FTACO97
AG
I use a combination of powertochoose.com and awesomepowertexas.com and then a spreadsheet where I calculate it based on my actual usage against all the details on the EFL sheet You can get your actual usage from Centerpoint Energy True Cost. AwesomePowerTexas is also setup where you can connect it to True Cost to see your actual usage.
David_Puddy
AG
BSD said:

So what's the best plan these days in Houston? My contract with gexa ended so they put me on a month to month plan which doubled my bill. **** them.

I use 2000-3000 kWh from June to November and between 1000-2000 the rest of the year.

Also, what contract length is ideal at this time?

Same here
aTm_bomb
AG
So my contract is up in a few days and was shopping rates on PowertoChoose and all i can find is that rates have steadily been climbing. Historically, October is a month where rates drop. Anyone have insight into why rates are climbing as we come off peak demand season?

Just trying to decide if I should lock in a 3 month and see what happens in January or give it a few more days...
boba
Deleted due to expiry of promotional offer I had a question about
nomadic_ag
AG
About to sign up for V247 after reading about it on here. Anyone want the referral benefit?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.