Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Muster

2,269 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cap-n-jack
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never been to Houston Muster but my grandfather's name will be called this Saturday so we'll be there. Anyone been and care to chime in?

Website says it starts at 10 am with doors opening at 830 am. What's the attendance like and do you need to show up at 830 (or earlier) to get a seat?

Just trying to figure out the level of CFness so we can plan accordingly.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I could be wrong, but I believe this is the first year (at least in recent memory) of a morning Muster. I suspect that is going to contribute to a low turnout.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm wondering about this, too. I've only been to the ones in Alvin and the lone Muster we had in Pearland.
randy828
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I could be wrong, but I believe this is the first year (at least in recent memory) of a morning Muster. I suspect that is going to contribute to a low turnout.
Is this still located at the site in south Houston? Near Holmes Rd? If yes, then having it in the morning would be much safer in that part of town.

Big Cat `93
AG
I drive by that place every day. Not really much around there to worry about.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
I don't know any details of the traffic, but hope it's a good day for you. I'll always remember the sound of my grandfather's buddy answering for him at Houston Muster when I was a kid.
Boo Weekley
Wonder if Barbara Bush will be included?

I am ashamed to admit that I haven't attended a Muster since around 2000, my freshman yr at A&M.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Wonder if Barbara Bush will be included?
i suspect every Aggie Club hosting a Muster will call her name.
Liquid Wrench
I think traditionally, for someone like that, there would be a separate mention without including them in the roll. But I guess it would be up to each chairman.
Big Cat `93
AG
It was a great Muster. Matte knocked it out of the park. I left there a blubbering mess.
Ag_07
AG
There was a nice moment of silence for Barbara.

I heard that she was going to be called but the family asked that she be called at Muster next year since the overlap of her burial and Muster would mean the family couldn't attend and answer for her. From what I understand she'll be called at 2019 Muster.

And yes today was a great service and we too left with teary eyes and heavy hearts.

Love being an Aggie
cap-n-jack
Is there a video? Would love to hear Gregg's talk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.