Houston
Sponsored by

Winner announced for DoubleDave's Belly Buster

1,493 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by case04
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor:

Congrats to AlaskanAg99! Here's his answer: Let's see...once I moved off campus my parents bought a house ('97, was so cheap back then) as my brother was 2 years behind me. Rent = mortgage + insurance + taxes + bills/4 roommates.
But this was a fixer upper and Dad was 80 miles away. Many a Saturday morning I'd be dragged out of bed, hungover, still drunk to pour concrete, endless painting, re-roof, set tile and we even rebuilt the kitchen in 2 weeks after taking it down to the studs. And one of the bathrooms after that.
How often did he come up? Way too often, and I'd be left with a task-list to get done before the next weekend.
It wasn't until much later that I appreciated the education he gave me in plumbing, wiring, reading construction codes (and how to find standards), sheet rocking, mudding and general know-how to man up and get it done. Skills I've used on the older homes I've since owned.
I've thanked him many times since, and now looking back...those were some good times.

DoubleDave's is giving away a Belly Buster Certificate (Large 2 Topping, 6 Peproni rolls, and 1 order Cinnamonstyxz).
Just tell us this: How often did your parents come for a visit when you were at TAMU? How did that go?

We offer dine-in, delivery, pick-up, and a daily lunch buffet. Also, we can cater to any event or group as well. Order online at DOUBLEDAVES.COM

Joseph Adair, '05
District Manager-DDBV
ddbvjoeadair@yahoo.com
www.doubledaves.com
AlaskanAg99
AG
Let's see...once I moved off campus my parents bought a house ('97, was so cheap back then) as my brother was 2 years behind me. Rent = mortgage + insurance + taxes + bills/4 roommates.

But this was a fixer upper and Dad was 80 miles away. Many a Saturday morning I'd be dragged out of bed, hungover, still drunk to pour concrete, endless painting, re-roof, set tile and we even rebuilt the kitchen in 2 weeks after taking it down to the studs. And one of the bathrooms after that.

How often did he come up? Way too often, and I'd be left with a task-list to get done before the next weekend.

It wasn't until much later that I appreciated the education he gave me in plumbing, wiring, reading construction codes (and how to find standards), sheet rocking, mudding and general know-how to man up and get it done. Skills I've used on the older homes I've since owned.

I've thanked him many times since, and now looking back...those were some good times.
schmendeler
AG
As little as possible
84AGEC
AG
Maybe twice in 4 years
ChampagneAg
AG
twice - to drop me off and pick me up.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Not as often as your mom visited me.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Two times.
AggieChemE09
AG
Dad - Twice
Mom - Four times?
GoAgs92
AG
They came to Graduation.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
My mom cruised up every other week. Needed beer restocked and took me and my roommates to Red Lobster.
g_werch
AG
Met my mom once a month for margaritas at that sh*tty Mexican place right off 6 in Navasota.
aTm2004
AG
1-2 times a semester. I stayed at A&M one summer and was flat broke. I literally bought 2 weeks of groceries with $7 (bunch of 10 for $1 Ramen). My mom came up one weekend and saw I had no food and freaked out. I told her that I didn't have any money and bought what I could afford (left out the part about blowing most of it on beer). She took me out to eat for lunch and dinner, and then went to HEB and stocked my pantry, freezer, and fridge as well as bought me a few cases of Miller Lite & Shiner. She also deposited some cash in my account. Thanks, mom!
case04
AG
every home game, parents weekend, and then maybe a few other weekends in the Spring.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.