Houston
Sponsored by

Rockets

3,587 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, do we start talking about the Rockets soon? I think they clinched Home Court advantage throughout the playoffs tonight.
Aggiemike96
AG
Not yet. World Series champs are in season.
Dan Scott
AG
I know somebody gonna be hopping on the bandwagon in June.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I still think it is going to take some bad luck happening to some other teams, namely Golden State, but things look good. Curry has not been 100 percent, but I think the rockets need a little more bad luck to strike.
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
Glad someone else was excited.
David_Puddy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I still think it is going to take some bad luck happening to some other teams, namely Golden State, but things look good. Curry has not been 100 percent, but I think the rockets need a little more bad luck to strike.

The Rockets beat GS 2 games out of 3 when GS was fully healthy.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
David_Puddy said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

The Rockets beat GS 2 games out of 3 when GS was fully healthy.
That is a correct statement. Playoff James has not impressed me too much and Chris Pauls playoff record isn't stellar either. I hope they both get the monkey off their back this year. If Durant were to turn an ankle it would not hurt things.
gougler08
AG
I will be shamelessly hopping on the bandwagon for the playoffs
The Wonderer
BigPuma
Teddy Perkins
AG

This is my look when people think we need injuries to other teams to win it all. The Rockets can win it all even with Golden State at full health.
88jrt06
AG
Prior to blowing off the Spurs game y'day, Rockets had at least a 7 game lead on....errrbody!
Not a ****ing word about injuries; Rockets have had their share and overcome them.
Never know about playoffs, but going in, the only question is: Who's #2 behind the NBA's best?
AgMarauder04
AG
I didn't watch, are the starters getting less minutes? Playing them more has literally no benefit.
88jrt06
AG
Yes.
schmendeler
AG
2-0
Big Cat `93
AG
Thanks again for giving up on Gerald Green, rest of the NBA.
Aggiemike96
AG
schmendeler said:

So, do we start talking about the Rockets soon? I think they clinched Home Court advantage throughout the playoffs tonight.
Bump. Now it's time to start talking about the Rockets! Next 10 days will tell if we're bringing another trophy to the Tine.
The Milkman
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

schmendeler said:

Bump. Now it's time to start talking about the Rockets! Next 10 days will tell if we're bringing another trophy to the Tine.
Na this is a James Coney Island town apparently
95_Aggie
AG
According to Barkley and Shaq this series will be over in 4 or 5 games ... and not in a good way.
AgMarauder04
AG
Rockets have not really been challenged. If we beat GS, we win it all. I have my doubts, but we are hot right now.
NoahAg
AgMarauder04 said:

Rockets have not really been challenged. If we beat GS, we win it all. I have my doubts, but we are hot right now.
Way to go out on a limb there.
88jrt06
AG
We damn sure need to up our game, especially the bench.
Or Chuck could be right. We need 40% on threes, for one.
Was hoping Curry would make a slow comeback...not even close.
GS is going to score like crazy on us. We'll need our offensive firepower full time.

Also, Harden needs to get well. His lethargy was pretty obvious.

They CAN be beat. But they're pretty awe-inspiring.
We're Hickory and they're South Bend Central.
"Son....you kick their butts."
MAS444
AG
It wasn't just the last game with Harden, so the sick excuse is lame.
Panama Red
AG
For those interested in such things, the Rockets are -2 in Game 1, +155 for the series.
88jrt06
AG
MAS444 said:

It wasn't just the last game with Harden, so the sick excuse is lame.

Yeah, no way it pre-existed the last game, media didn't....
Ragoo
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

we
88jrt06
AG
Wow, the biggest media debate is whether H-town can take it to 6...
The consensus I've seen is 5-6 games, GS.

They've actually made a team that's 73-19 (in the WEST) into Hickory. Just more GS road-kill, ho-hum.
Gene Hackman D'Antoni will use this. Hopefully, the Rocket bench will, too.

Also, let's see how Curry enjoys fighting off multitudes of hard picks and getting exposed on D.
Houston is not without resources. GS deserves to be favored, but, not so fast, folks. JMO.
Scientific
AG
This should be our year. Lets just play it out. I don't care what the pundits say or predict, CP3 is being overlooked, and that's ok with me.

I had a debate with a friend about which championship would rile the city up more - the Finals vs WS. I feel like the Astros had a huge bandwagon, ending our championship drought, and the city getting behind the team post Harvey. But if we get pass Golden State and beat LeBron for a Finals? That would be huge.

After so many years of disappointment, if we get two major championships in a year, it will be a great time to say you're from the H.
Teddy Perkins
AG
It would be MASSIVE! Especially to go through Golden State and Cleveland. Looking forward to repping the H at a wedding in Dallas this weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.