Houston
Sponsored by

Sushi Spots

5,203 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
Joker98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
K Bo said:

Teppay at Westheimer and Voss
Where Japanese folks go to eat. EOT.
wessimo
AG
Wherever you go you'll have to stop at Whataburger on the way home if you want to feel full an hour later.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
wessimo said:

Wherever you go you'll have to stop at Whataburger on the way home if you want to feel full an hour later.

Maybe it's just me??? but I never leave a sushi joint not absolutely stuffed
BMX Bandit
Not just you

Every person without a Fallopian tube
htownag10
AG
Osaka is good. They always give out free appetizers and dessert.

If you're willing to drive to the woodlands to be an Lolfat Chi does all you can eat sushi for $25 I believe. It's fresh sushi not some buffet bs. It also has appetizers, entrees of fried rice and other things
Too Chains
AG
1. Aka Sushi - Upper Kirby (Happy Hour all weekend, great bang for your buck for sushi)
2. Sushi Sakura Express (Great quality and fresh. Good variety. Rotating Sushi bar. Great HH specials. Probably my favorite on this list.)
3. Top Sushi - Westheimer/Fondren

I've been to a lot of places across Houston and these are my favorites by far. Enjoy!
FarmerJohn
AG
The sushi at Izakaya-Wa is top notch, but it is not a sushi restaurant. Go when the weather is nice.
NASAg03
Sushi Miyagi in Chinatown.

Horrible hours, but best sushi in Houston.
swimmerbabe11
Sushi miyagi or Nippon.

My two favorite ITL sushi spots
Texaggie7nine
Q-shi BBQ and Shushi at 45 and spring cypress.

Brisket on sushi = amazeballs
7nine
LondonAg89
AG
Actually Shon and Thai would welcome that. As frequently as we ask for them it makes a difference. Plus their GM knows we ask for them and it impacts them from a pay standpoint, shifts and they know we will tip well due to a great experience. When I've taken clients there, these guys have brought things out for the table to try without us ordering and the clients are impressed with the level of service.

I've had a couple of waiters who have not been remotely as good. Shon is who suggested I ask for him when making a reservation.
wessimo
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

wessimo said:

Maybe it's just me??? but I never leave a sushi joint not absolutely stuffed

That's the weird part. I feel stuffed walking out the door but hungry an hour later.
Shon and/or Thai
LondonAg89 said:

Kata Robata. Ask for Shon or Thai as your waiters. Reserve online and ask for them. You will not be sorry. Best sushi in Houston (Hugo and tracey eat there - from Hugo's fame - and so does JJ Watt FWIW)
Quote:

Actually Shon and Thai would welcome that. As frequently as we ask for them it makes a difference. Plus their GM knows we ask for them and it impacts them from a pay standpoint, shifts and they know we will tip well due to a great experience. When I've taken clients there, these guys have brought things out for the table to try without us ordering and the clients are impressed with the level of service.

I've had a couple of waiters who have not been remotely as good. Shon is who suggested I ask for him when making a reservation.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/582d336fa656112b1863383503b4aa02/tenor.gif
bigjag19
AG
Sage 400 and we are through.
DiskoTroop
Shon and/or Thai said:

LondonAg89 said:

Kata Robata. Ask for Shon or Thai as your waiters. Reserve online and ask for them. You will not be sorry. Best sushi in Houston (Hugo and tracey eat there - from Hugo's fame - and so does JJ Watt FWIW)
Quote:

Someone went to a lot of trouble for a really stupid joke.
Gus Fring
Ginza and Sushi Miyagi
Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

Q-shi BBQ and Shushi at 45 and spring cypress.

Brisket on sushi = amazeballs

Ate here again today. Still amazing. Brisket eggrolls are a must get
7nine
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Is Choo Choo Sushi still open?
94chem
I miss Todai.
TXAG 05
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Is Choo Choo Sushi still open?

Pretty sure the one at Voss/San Felipe is.
jswags
AG
Ginza
Cromagnum
AG
LondonAg89 said:

I was disappointed with Kata. The food was good, but you got tiny portions of everything. I can save 40-50 bucks and go to Mass with the wife and be completely stuffed on near indentical quality fish.
BMX Bandit
Cromagnum said:

LondonAg89 said:

I was disappointed with Kata. The food was good, but you got tiny portions of everything. I can save 40-50 bucks and go to Mass with the wife and be completely stuffed on near indentical quality fish.

Jesus can do wonders with just a few fish & loaves
94chem
I don't know. With the average Houston physique, Jesus might have to find a few more volunteers to get the job done.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.