Houston
Sponsored by

Corkscrew BBQ?

6,506 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DiskoTroop
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Order whatever you want. They are moving into the current Great Harvest location is what I heard.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DiskoTroop
94 is correct. They are moving into the current Great Harvest Bread location and contrary to something's I've seen on local social media, there is no animosity or scandal surrounding GH moving out. The owners are selling the business and they're moving it up to Valley Ranch. That's it.

And yes when he operates his food truck it's just like going to a normal BBQ place. Order what you like.

He's gotten to the point where catering is taking up too much time and he needs more capacity. Hence the Brick and Mortar.

Once he opens up it'll be mostly a take out type location though. Apparently they're not permitted for lots of seating.
JYDog90
AG
JimmyHouston said:

Corkscrew has the best cobbler in the state - anyone figure out a recipe that is similar?

I ordered corkscrew for an event this weekend and we had a half pan of cherry and half pan of peach cobbler and they both were hands down the best cobbler I've ever had. Astounding.
Formerly Willy Wonka
12th Man Ag
AG
Sorry for all the questions. We are in Humble, so going to try this week.

They are only open on Thursday and Saturday right now? Can you order ahead and pick up or just get there and wait in line? Thanks!
DiskoTroop
Honestly it's little hit or miss right now because of what I explained above. He's only at the farmers market when he doesn't have catering jobs.

If he's there, you can just walk up. Like 94 said, there's not usually a huge line.
redag06
I guess his location on 494 he purchased isn't going to pan out. Saw the concept for that a few years ago and looked like a good spot, with out door seating, bar, etc.

The Great Harvest location is awful.
DiskoTroop
I don't want to share too much but long story short, that 494 location is now in the 5 year plan. It's been pushed out for reasons beyond Fire Craft's control.

I have a connection to the project at the GH location now, in full disclosure.
DiskoTroop
Sorry folks, this isn't an update on Corkscrew but on the other folks we talked about...

Fire Craft BBQ will officially start swinging hammers on the new location Monday. City of Houston and architect services were a nightmare. It's taken nearly a year to get that project off the ground.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.