Houston
Sponsored by

Connie's Seafood

2,478 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by keysercade
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone been to this place? If so, how is it? Have had several people recommend it as a good hole in the wall seafood place with solid food and good Micheladas. Thought I remembered a recommendation or two on here but search function not working for me. TIA
MAS444
AG
Good *****
Panama Red
AG

El mejor arroz frito mexicano ese!
Ag_07
AG
Pass up Connie's continue on Airline a few blocks south and stop at Tampico. Order the whole snapper with shrimp and a few micheladas

You're welcome
MAS444
AG
Tampico is overrated. If you want damn good, cheap fried food, go to Connie's. Much less whiteys, too, which is always a good thing.
sushi94
AG
Golden is better than Connie's IMO. Tampico is good but not a cheap meal for the Red Snapper.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Connie's
Boo Weekley
Ag_07 said:

Pass up Connie's continue on Airline a few blocks south and stop at Tampico. Order the whole snapper with shrimp and a few micheladas

You're welcome
Been there, done that...had a very good experience but was buying for me, wifey and brother and the bill stung much more than I expected. I am only worth $5MM in Texags dollars, so I don't like droppin over $100 for 3 at divey places if I can help it.
Boo Weekley
MAS444 said:

Tampico is overrated. If you want damn good, cheap fried food, go to Connie's. Much less whiteys, too, which is always a good thing.
Not always imo...like at the macro/country level...but in terms of gauging authenticity/quality level of ethnic foods, I tend to agree with you.
MAS444
AG
Good point. Usually a good thing...
Ag_07
AG
Oh if it's fried seafood then I cant vouch for Tampico.

For that my vote is Golden. The fried shrimp and fried rice is awesome.
Tom Hagen
AG
Ag_07 said:

Gulf seafood or sewage farmed Asian crap?
aTm2004
AG
That place is still open? I used to go there in high school. I remember my cousin freaking out when she ordered fish and the guy grabbed one from the tank and asked "head on or off?"
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Ag_07
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Ag_07 said:

Gulf seafood or sewage farmed Asian crap?

IDGAF what it is but it's good and I enjoy it. If you don't then don't go. Means less of a wait for me
Lonestarandi
AG
BW Tampico and Connie's... I've only seen bullet holes in the wall at one of em... Depends how authentic you want your experience to be... Though the neighborhood is changing
BillYeoman
Where the heck are these places? Pasadena?
BMX Bandit
BillYeoman said:

Where the heck are these places? Pasadena?

No
REMtx
There was/ is a Connie's by Pasadena in South Houston on Spencer by the Fiesta.

I remember there was a Connie's on I-45 by Hobby Airport but later became a Mannie's. I wondered if they just renamed it that so they wouldn't spend so much on changing the neon signs.
keysercade
AG
Connie's (on Airline) is awesome, get the Shrimp Ranchero.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.