Houston
Sponsored by

Remodel Contractor on the West Side

3,260 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by shihitemuslim
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted on the home improvement board

We are hoping to gut our hall bath and reconfigure the master bed/bath starting in early summer. I'm trying to start getting bids. Anyone have recommendations for a good GC?
Martin Q. Blank
Be prepared to pay. Prices still high from Harvey.
Silky Johnston
We were hoping to remodel our kitchen in the near future. How much longer until the prices return to normal?
My guess is 12 more months, if it ever returns to pre-Harvey pricing. Harvey happened less than 6 months ago and people didn't start getting their insurance/FEMA checks until November 30, (90 days after, right)?
shihitemuslim
AG
Mark Nieman 8322170732
Dr. Venkman
AG
Don Wadleigh
281-455-2153

Does great work. Attached is my bathroom he did. Has an excellent tile guy. Though last time I checked, he's booked for at least a year. May want to just wait until the Harvey crowd clears out.

Vgrainger
AG
We have done several bathroom remodels for TexAgs users and would appreciate the opportunity to come out and meet with you to discuss your project and give you a bid. Please give me a call to discuss. Vince Grainger, Class of 08, 8325282873. My company is Envision Renovations. Please feel free to check us out on Facebook or EnvisionYourHome.com
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Thanks for all the replies, folks.
FarmerJohn
AG
Bumping this thread. Same question but for exterior work. We have an older siding (masonite?) that is pretty aged and warped. Looking at replacing with Hardy plank but a lot of the fascia boards need replacing as well. That then leads to gutters. So a good deal of exterior. Any thoughts?
Tamu2000
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Bumping this thread. Same question but for exterior work. We have an older siding (masonite?) that is pretty aged and warped. Looking at replacing with Hardy plank but a lot of the fascia boards need replacing as well. That then leads to gutters. So a good deal of exterior. Any thoughts?
I own a commercial and residential construction/remodel company, we have been established and working in Houston and surrounding areas for over 10 years. Fully insured, member of BBB, would be happy to come give you an estimate, if interested send me a message.

www.mediaconstruction.net
StaffRat
AG
We used Saber Exteriors for the new siding and roof on our home. They are Aggies.
713-397-3883 ask for JP
newhowdyag2004
I just used JP with Saber Exteriors to replace all the windows in my rental, and I am so pleased! They look great and I am still shocked that it was <50% the cost of the other window companies. I highly recommend!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Thanks newhodyag....I'm on the hunt now.
Panama Red
AG
shihitemuslim said:

Mark Nieman 8322170732

Solid recommendation. Book it.
TAM85
04texag
AG
I don't work with remodelers who do smaller projects typically, but what I would recommend is that you hire a GHBA remodeler. The association supports it's members with education and training, etc. You're less likely to find a fly by night, less stable remodeler, although every experience can be unique.
El Duke
Curtis Lawson did all our work. Think he changed name to crafted custom homes.
shihitemuslim
AG
Is your house by any chance off of Seagler in Briargrove Park. There was a house that had an Aggie flag in our neighborhood that was done by them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.