Houston
Sponsored by

Texas A&M Rugby playing curtain raiser to the Houston Sabercats!!

1,016 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FrickinFracker
FrickinFracker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.facebook.com/redriverrugby/posts/1998532200407810

Texas A&M Rugby will take on their rival LSU in a double header with the Houston Sabercats on March 3!

The Houston Sabercats are Houston's first professional rugby team, one of the founding members of Major League Rugby, which will kick off in April! This is similar to if the Aggie Football team were to play a curtain raiser game to a preseason game for the Houston Texans (granted Aggie Football sells more tickets, connecting the 2 brands is a big deal).

A&M traveled to Baton Rouge last weekend and fell 17-10 in a very close game to the Tigers. So, expect a very close, contested game in one of the first professional settings for rugby in America!

On March 3, the Ags will play at 4 PM, followed by The Sabercats playing the Ontario Arrows at 7PM.

Come out to Constellation Park in Sugar Land to support the Ags!!
Texaggie7nine
The Facebook post you link to says Ags play at 3.
The facebook team page for A&M rugby says 1:30

Which right?
7nine
FrickinFracker
AG
Oh no! I'll find out.
FrickinFracker
AG
Gates open at 3, game kicks off at 4.

Sabercats game kicks off at 7.

Games don't run over in time, much. Games generally last right around 1 hr 45 min, depending on halftime length.

Edit: kickoff time come directly from the owner of the Sabercats on Facebook
Texaggie7nine
Ok cool. Someone should tell the A&M rugby team to update their facebook page.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Since you seem to have a direct line of contact. I have a couple questions from buddies.

Are Sabercat tickets required for just the A&M game if you aren't staying?

Also will in and out permission be allowed with the purchase of sabercat tickets? So like can they go out after a&m game and come back in?
7nine
FrickinFracker
AG
Lol my direct line is facebook

I passed along the questions, though.

I think the ticket pricing will likely conform to the established pricing structure that Constellation Field and the Cats have established for their exhibition games over the last month. But, we'll see what Mr. Turner says.

Side note: if you haven't seen a rugby pitch fit into a baseball field before, it's quite the sight.
drumboy
AG
"Curtain Jerker"
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
FrickinFracker
AG
Via his reply:
"You are right on all counts, XXXXX. Normal SaberCats' tickets are necessary to enter the stadium. Re-entry via a hand stamp. Tailgating will start earlier etc. For tickets go to: www.houstonSaberCats.com"

Sounds like the ticket prices will conform to their pricing structure. Basically it will just be a 2-for-1.

Re-entry will be allowed
RebelE Infantry
AG
FF, are you coming into town for this match?
FrickinFracker
AG
I am!!! It'll be my first Cats game

Funny coincidence: I'm doing the pregame roster run through on The Rugby Evangelist for the NOLA game this weekend (and I'll be in town), but I got my wife tickets to Dancing with the Stars. The DWTS show just so happens to start at 7, same time as the Gold v Cats game
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.