Houston
Sponsored by

Mont Belvieu/Baytown area

1,039 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Build It
turnag4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm considering a job move to the Mont Belvieu area. Have never been there, would be moving from the east Texas area. Will be going down down soon to look the area over. My question is, what type community is it, is it welcoming to outsiders, etc. my wife and I are in our late 50s, so nightlife is not a concern for us anymore. Do enjoy good restaurants! Thanks
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Moving from East Texas to Mont Belvieu shouldn't be that noticeable. It's not like youre going from Appalachia to the Ozarks.
Astrobo
AG
It has good schools and there are very nice areas to live. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Buy some bug spray.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That area is growing really fast. Buy yourself a bay boat and enjoy the hell out of fishing trinity bay. If you want small east Texas town feel, look to Liberty and Dayton. Short drive to Mont B, but still small town country.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Not great restaurants but they are getting more. City has a huge tax base so they are willing to spend money.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Check this link out, OP. As has already been mentioned, lots of growth and big things coming.

http://www.montbelvieu.net/CivicAlerts/SingleAlertItem?alertID=212

House prices are pretty high in MB proper, but some affordable places outside of the city. I live out here so give me a shout if you've got any questions.
jja79
AG
If you play golf Eagle Point in MB is a real gem.
aggie2013
AG
I recently interviewed there. Heard great things about the community from interview panel and staff, majority of whom were longtime residents. Anticipated to grow from 6 or 7k to 30-35k.
Build It
AG
Trinity bay fishing and minutes from outstanding waterfowl hunting as well. Area is growing fast! Good schools and a good value in home can be found.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.