Houston
Sponsored by

Recs for taking down tv's and installing at new house?

1,709 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bondag
oglaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm moving in a couple of weeks and looking for recommendations on companies I could contact that will take down my tv's that I have hanging in my old house and will install in my new house. Thanks.
The Wonderer
AG
Take down and box yourself. Hire an AV company to mount and install in the new house. Taking down is easy.
MelvinUdall
Putting TV's up are easy as well, and this is coming from someone that generally isn't very good at doing such things.
The Wonderer
AG
nhayden said:

Putting TV's up are easy as well, and this is coming from someone that generally isn't very good at doing such things.
True, but install is much more time consuming and a lot of people don't like the planning and measuring and unused holes in their walls.
MelvinUdall
The Wonderer said:

nhayden said:

True, but install is much more time consuming and a lot of people don't like the planning and measuring and unused holes in their walls.

Fair, just found it fairly easy and quick.
BarryProfit
I found a bunch of people on thumbtack who do this kind of work and chose one. Worked out well.

Found my movers this way also I believe.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'll do it for $500. You have to provide Mac's Famous MacNCheese.

Aggiemike96
AG
I don't think someone with the OP's username and TexAgs credentials is worried about the ease or cost of said tasks.
Fall92
AG
I've used Capitol Audio Video several times. They've always done good work, are nice guys and are Aggies. Believe they are a TexAgs sponsor as well.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Texan1976
oglaw said:

I'm moving in a couple of weeks and looking for recommendations on companies I could contact that will take down my tv's that I have hanging in my old house and will install in my new house. Thanks.
Ask your husband to do it.
aggiebq03+
The Wonderer said:

a lot of people don't like the planning and measuring and unused holes in their walls.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a bigger TV.
Win At Life
AG
Typically, anything "attached " to the house is sold with the house. Confirm you can take the TV's in the sales contract.
fulshearAg96
AG
Win At Life said:

Typically, anything "attached " to the house is sold with the house. Confirm you can take the TV's in the sales contract.
like family pictures?
Win At Life
AG
fulshearAg96 said:

Win At Life said:

like family pictures?
Well, no. But typically curtain rods (but not the drapes), blinds, shutters, bathroom mirrors, antennas and such. Didn't used to have TV's "mounted" like these, but I had one realtor tell me that mounted TV's should be addressed in the sales contract just in case (especially the TV mounting bracket if you plan on taking that with the TV).

I once removed a recessed medicine cabinet and hung a bathroom mirror over the hole. That mirror came as a matched set with a small surface mounted medicine cabinet and towel bar. I took the whole set when I sold the house and the buyers complained about the ugly hole where the medicine cabinet used to go. I just told them it was a set and they should put whatever mirror they wanted over the medicine cabinet hole like I did. I didn't hear back from them after that, but it was not 100% clear who was right or wrong.
jackie childs
Win At Life said:

i could see the tv mounts being included, but i'd be stunned if you couldn't take your tv
GrayMatter
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I'll do it for $500. You have to provide Mac's Famous MacNCheese.

Your name made me think of this:

sorry I have nothing to contribute. Carry on.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Bondag
AG
http://houstoncustominstallers.com/

Give these guys a call. I had a mount going on a fireplace without any pathway for power and cables. I think it was $250 with mount included.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.