Houston
Sponsored by

Teen has herself and father carjacked to get some cash....

4,694 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
incompetence ensues

she looks like she's about 12.

Teen girl, accomplice arrested in alleged staged carjacking near Rayford Road

MouthBQ98
AG
Watches way too much TV/online videos I imagine. What could go wrong?
Ag_07
AG
I have a headache after trying to read that article.
Bassmaster
AG
Letting the guy walk into his own home unaccompanied by a robber is a bad idea?

I do find it odd that he essentially left his daughter out to dry by leaving her in the car and not coming back. Maybe he knew something was up.
Diggity
AG
I would guess he knew something was up.

You don't go from little miss sunshine to carjacking your pops overnight so this behavior had likely been escalating.
BrazosDog02
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm not exactly sure what the hell happened after reading it. Geez....what a horrible piece of journalism. Do journalists require any training or schooling any more?
Diggity
AG
From the Montgomery County Police Reporter:

Quote:

Just before midnight a carjacking took place on Rayford Road. The two suspects , a 16-year-old male and another white male took the vehicle with a 17-year-old female and her father at gunpoint and went to the home of the victim to gain access to additional money. As the male victim went in he locked the door and called 911. The suspects released the female and fled in the vehicle. The vehicle was soon spotted and a pursuit took them to Riley Fuzzel and Aldine Westfield where they ran into an open lot and fled on foot. The 16-year-old was quickly taken into custody, the white male who was believed to be armed fled into the woods causing a massive manhunt by both Harris County Precinct 4 Constables and Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. The search closed Riley Fuzzel Road from Hardy Toll Road to Aldine Westfield. After an extended period the suspect was not found. Precinct 4 deputies transferred the juvenile male to Montgomery County Deputies at the location where the car jacking took place. It was there that deputies also arrested the 17-year-old daughter of the victim, Susan Maria Mize, after learning that she had involved in the entire episode. The male was transported to Montgomery County Juvenile. The female was transported to the Montgomery County Jail.

I guess you can only mention the race of a suspect now if they're white? What a joke.
Ag_07
AG
I got more from the headline than I did the entire article.

But that's pretty par for the course for the Chron.
cajunaggie08
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm not exactly sure what the hell happened after reading it. Geez....what a horrible piece of journalism. Do journalists require any training or schooling any more?
ever since people stopped paying for news, many publishers no longer can afford those who do have journalism degrees....or any degrees for that matter
Liquid Wrench
Ag_07 said:

Read it twice and I'm still confused about wtf happened here.
cr0wbar
AG
this reminds me of a chron article posted in here a few months ago about a scam.

It was some inside job with three women and a bank. And some business owner withdrew 50K, and somehow she gave it to some women in a parking lot. I read it about 4 times and gave up.
Tom Hagen
AG
Four kids by three baby daddies by her 25th birthday.
Scruffy
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Four kids by five baby daddies FIFY.
Boo Weekley
Tom Hagen said:

If Obama was tolerant enough to adopt a white daughter.
Boo Weekley
Diggity said:

Quote:

Just before midnight a carjacking took place on Rayford Road. The two suspects , a 16-year-old male and another white male took the vehicle with a 17-year-old female and her father at gunpoint and went to the home of the victim to gain access to additional money. As the male victim went in he locked the door and called 911. The suspects released the female and fled in the vehicle. The vehicle was soon spotted and a pursuit took them to Riley Fuzzel and Aldine Westfield where they ran into an open lot and fled on foot. The 16-year-old was quickly taken into custody, the white male who was believed to be armed fled into the woods causing a massive manhunt by both Harris County Precinct 4 Constables and Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. The search closed Riley Fuzzel Road from Hardy Toll Road to Aldine Westfield. After an extended period the suspect was not found. Precinct 4 deputies transferred the juvenile male to Montgomery County Deputies at the location where the car jacking took place. It was there that deputies also arrested the 17-year-old daughter of the victim, Susan Maria Mize, after learning that she had involved in the entire episode. The male was transported to Montgomery County Juvenile. The female was transported to the Montgomery County Jail.

I guess you can only mention the race of a suspect now if they're white? What a joke.
Almost as laughable as the home security systems commercials...always looks like some average office worker who didn't survive the latest round of layoffs and has resorted to a life of crime. At least make it a bi-racial team every once in a while to make it somewhat realistic. All robbers don't have to be white.

And no, not triggered, I think it's funny...just a little absurd at the lengths we will go so as not to offend.
Diggity
AG
Like the non-threatening Home Alone-ish duo featured in the State Farm ads?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AGjJ/state-farm-furniture
Bassmaster
AG
Just saw this on nextdoor.

Quote:

Spring Teen Arrested in Staged Robbery of Her Friend
This incident has been erroneously reported as involving a daughter who planned a robbery of her father, this is not factual. The details of the robbery are below.

On February 16, 2018, at about 11:34 pm, Deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to the HEB located at 3540 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas in reference to a robbery past. Deputies were advised that Harris County Precinct 4 Constables were on location and had two victims that had been robbed inside Montgomery County. The two victims wanted to report the robbery to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

Upon arrival, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies met with Harris County Precinct 4 Constables and learned that they had been dispatched to two residences in Harris County regarding robberies that occurred in Montgomery County. Harris County Constables Office were dispatched to the home of Preston Barry who reported that he and his friend Susan Mize had been robbed. Deputies then went to Susan's residence to speak to her regarding the robbery.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies interviewed Preston Barry and Susan Mize and learned the following.

Susan asked Preston if he wanted to earn $150.00 dollars to give friends of hers a ride into Houston. Preston agreed, at which time both Preston and Susan traveled to Creekside Park in Montgomery County to meet her friends. While at the park, Preston and Susan met with a 16 year old black male juvenile who got into the back seat of Preston's car. While waiting, a 15 year old white male juvenile wearing a mask approached the driver side door of Preston's car brandishing what Preston believed was a handgun. The 15 year old white male juvenile suspect ordered Preston into the back seat of the vehicle, where the 16 year old juvenile suspect brandished a knife and ordered Preston to be tied up with Susan's shoelaces. The two males then robbed Preston of the money in his wallet while striking him numerous times and threatening his life with the knife and gun. The two juvenile suspects then drove Preston to the HEB located at 3540 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas where they untied Preston so he could withdraw money from the ATM inside HEB. The 16 year old juvenile suspect accompanied Preston into the store, at which time Preston withdrew money from his account and gave it to the 16 year old juvenile suspect.

The suspect and Preston return to the car, at which time Preston is tied back up with Susan's shoe laces. The suspect's then take Susan home per her request. Susan is dropped off at her residence, but never called 911 to report what was happening to Preston.

Preston tells the suspects that he has more money at his residence and will give it to the suspects if they take him home. The suspects then drive Preston to his residence and let him go inside while they wait in the car. Once inside, Preston locks the door and immediately tells his parents what is going on. At that time, both suspects leave in Preston's vehicle. Preston's family then call Harris County Constables Office to report the robbery and what occurred to Preston and Susan.

Harris County Precinct 4 Deputies while on patrol discover Preston's vehicle in Dennis Johnston Park just inside Harris County. As Harris County Constable Deputies approach the vehicle, the 15 year old juvenile suspect takes off running into the woods. Harris County Deputies quickly detain, the 16 year old juvenile suspect who was also inside the vehicle.

During the course of the investigation by Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Deputies, Deputies learned that Susan had lied about the entire incident. Deputies learned that Susan had set Preston up to be robbed by the two juvenile males. Susan believed Preston was an easy target and the plan was for the males to rob him for the money in his wallet. Susan advised tying Preston up and taking his car, was not her idea or part of the plan. Deputies with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office searched Preston's vehicle and located a kitchen knife that Preston said the 16 year old male used to threaten him with. Deputies also located a black and silver gun, but both were actually BB guns.

Susan was arrested and charged with Aggravated Robbery Felony 1
The 16 year old juvenile was arrested and also charged with Aggravated Robbery Felony 1
The 15 year old juvenile suspect has been identified and Deputies are currently filing a warrant for his arrest.

Lieutenant Scott Spencer
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Executive Division
Follow us on:
Al Bula
AG
So what was this creeper doing agreeing to shuttle minors to Houston?
Liquid Wrench
Why do you say creeper? Sounds like it was a friend they set up.
themissinglink
AG
I think the guy that got robbed is also a teenage/high school kid. It says he told his parents about it when he got home.

Not only was the chronicle's story confusing, it was also factually incorrect on most of the relevant details of the robbery.
Al Bula
AG
Confusing. I thought they still robbed an older dude just not her dad. I think it is clearer now.
tk for tu juan
Do you think Preston figured out that Susan does not like him as more than a friend after this?
Diggity
AG
I still have faith in Preston. He'll jump that ladder when she gets out.
Bregxit
AG
RPM said:

Confusing. I thought they still robbed an older dude just not her dad. I think it is clearer now.

Even more confusing is the video with the story is in the Spec's parking lot at 45/Rayford...nowhere near where either the Chron story or the MoCo report states.
Al Bula
AG
Some other news site posted her Instagram. Looks like crime is a back up plan if her aspiring modeling career fails.
DrZ
AG
Preston is described in one article as "an aspiring rapper"???

This is indeed him. Many videos online

Boo Weekley
DrZ said:

Damn, now I really feel sorry for him
Diggity
AG
might as well write "Mark" on his forehead.
Diggity
AG
This is on her public Instagram account. Awesome parenting

Goodest Poster
Liquid Wrench
Thanks to r/houston, I believe there's worse on her instagram that should have worried her parents.
RK
AG
such as...
92Ag95
AG
Diggity said:

Quote:

Yes...but that's only because this month is White History Month.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
DrZ said:

themissinglink
AG
DrZ said:

If he thinks he's going to be a rapper, I can see why she thought he was an easy target.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.